Jump to content
SUPERSTARDJ01

how easy is to apply for WHV?

    Recommended Posts

    Hi all,

     

    myself and family are moving to qld this year, but my daughters boyfriend is going to follow us to qld but on a WHV, how easy is the application?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Provided he has no criminal convictions, it's usually straightforward and comes through in less than a week.


    Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

    "The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Agree with the above. 

    Please keep in mind if he wants to qualify for his second year WHV to allow him to remain after his year is up, he will have to do the regional work somewhere. It would probably be better to get that out of the way early on rather than leaving it till he is settled in an area or the year is winding down. It can be a struggle to find decent regional work that can be signed off on and many people are out trying to secure it. So if he is organised and gets it done early, he can then sit back and relax a bit.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, snifter said:

    Agree with the above. 

    Please keep in mind if he wants to qualify for his second year WHV to allow him to remain after his year is up, he will have to do the regional work somewhere. It would probably be better to get that out of the way early on rather than leaving it till he is settled in an area or the year is winding down. It can be a struggle to find decent regional work that can be signed off on and many people are out trying to secure it. So if he is organised and gets it done early, he can then sit back and relax a bit.

     

    We're moving to regional qld so that's one thing out of the way but what regional work would he have to do? how long for to be signed off? & who signs it off? 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    IT is mainly things such as farming, but it does list them ion the homeaffairs.gov.au web site. 

    Be aware there is new guidance on application processing which has increased from a matter of hours (I had my sons processed in less than a day) to 28 to 56 days so allow a couple of months. 

    • Sad 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    32 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

    IT is mainly things such as farming, but it does list them ion the homeaffairs.gov.au web site. 

    Be aware there is new guidance on application processing which has increased from a matter of hours (I had my sons processed in less than a day) to 28 to 56 days so allow a couple of months. 

    Holly molly, what are they doing in the visa department in oz?  Everything seems to take months or years, the uk takes days, in fact the uk process most of theirs in 48hrs. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

    We're moving to regional qld so that's one thing out of the way but what regional work would he have to do? how long for to be signed off? & who signs it off? 

    Yes, the info is on the Gov website. It explains it all and lists the work that can be undertaken etc.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 4/20/2018 at 15:27, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

    Holly molly, what are they doing in the visa department in oz?  Everything seems to take months or years, the uk takes days, in fact the uk process most of theirs in 48hrs. 

    Latest published processing times for this visa are between 15 to 40 days. If it is a straightforward application it is usually pretty quick.

    On 4/20/2018 at 14:47, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

    We're moving to regional qld so that's one thing out of the way but what regional work would he have to do? how long for to be signed off? & who signs it off? 

    See here under "Specified Work" for type of Regional work which is accepted for the second WHV.


    Raul T Senise MARN 0636699

    www.ozimmigration.com

    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Me and partner applied for WHV earlier this year. Hers was done and approved within 4 minutes (I am not joking, I can show you the time stamps) 

    Mine took a little over a week. So it may vary. Hope this helps a bit. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    12 hours ago, Jim911 said:

    Me and partner applied for WHV earlier this year. Hers was done and approved within 4 minutes (I am not joking, I can show you the time stamps) 

    Mine took a little over a week. So it may vary. Hope this helps a bit. 

    Things change. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    ×

    Important Information

    We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you also accept our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use