how easy is to apply for WHV?

SUPERSTARDJ01

Agree with the above. 

Please keep in mind if he wants to qualify for his second year WHV to allow him to remain after his year is up, he will have to do the regional work somewhere. It would probably be better to get that out of the way early on rather than leaving it till he is settled in an area or the year is winding down. It can be a struggle to find decent regional work that can be signed off on and many people are out trying to secure it. So if he is organised and gets it done early, he can then sit back and relax a bit.

2 hours ago, snifter said:

Agree with the above. 

Please keep in mind if he wants to qualify for his second year WHV to allow him to remain after his year is up, he will have to do the regional work somewhere. It would probably be better to get that out of the way early on rather than leaving it till he is settled in an area or the year is winding down. It can be a struggle to find decent regional work that can be signed off on and many people are out trying to secure it. So if he is organised and gets it done early, he can then sit back and relax a bit.

We're moving to regional qld so that's one thing out of the way but what regional work would he have to do? how long for to be signed off? & who signs it off? 

IT is mainly things such as farming, but it does list them ion the homeaffairs.gov.au web site. 

Be aware there is new guidance on application processing which has increased from a matter of hours (I had my sons processed in less than a day) to 28 to 56 days so allow a couple of months. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

IT is mainly things such as farming, but it does list them ion the homeaffairs.gov.au web site. 

Be aware there is new guidance on application processing which has increased from a matter of hours (I had my sons processed in less than a day) to 28 to 56 days so allow a couple of months. 

Holly molly, what are they doing in the visa department in oz?  Everything seems to take months or years, the uk takes days, in fact the uk process most of theirs in 48hrs. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

We're moving to regional qld so that's one thing out of the way but what regional work would he have to do? how long for to be signed off? & who signs it off? 

Yes, the info is on the Gov website. It explains it all and lists the work that can be undertaken etc.

On 4/20/2018 at 15:27, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

Holly molly, what are they doing in the visa department in oz?  Everything seems to take months or years, the uk takes days, in fact the uk process most of theirs in 48hrs. 

Latest published processing times for this visa are between 15 to 40 days. If it is a straightforward application it is usually pretty quick.

On 4/20/2018 at 14:47, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

See here under "Specified Work" for type of Regional work which is accepted for the second WHV.

• 4 weeks later...

Me and partner applied for WHV earlier this year. Hers was done and approved within 4 minutes (I am not joking, I can show you the time stamps) 

Mine took a little over a week. So it may vary. Hope this helps a bit. 

12 hours ago, Jim911 said:

Me and partner applied for WHV earlier this year. Hers was done and approved within 4 minutes (I am not joking, I can show you the time stamps) 

Mine took a little over a week. So it may vary. Hope this helps a bit. 

Things change. 

• 2 months later...