register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

SoniaG

189 - EOI Waiting time

Hello everyone, 

I submitted my EOI for 189 on March 19th with 75 points for Analyst Programmer - 261311. Can anyone tell me the waiting time to receive an invite? Am getting really anxious. 

Thanks,

Sonia G

Edited by SoniaG

Hi 

just checking I’m reading that correctly does that mean a nurse with 60 points who submitted EOI 4 months ago will not receive an invite until July 2019 ?

Looks like it's going back to the old approach of more points = quicker consideration. Be aware immigration is tightening up here as an election is on the horizon. 

Thames Migration appointed Jun 12 and 189 Visa granted Jan 13:wink:. Landed Sep 14 and roots being quickly established. Brisbane, what an amazing place with incredible opportunity.

It's not an old approach.  It's the way it's been for ages.  Admittedly, it looks like only 85+ are in with a chance of a rapid invitation for a lot of things...

Oh great. Mine was seen as 2 months waiting time. Will wait to see how things go. Also, wanted to know if there is a preference for family over single applicants?

Hi 
just checking I’m reading that correctly does that mean a nurse with 60 points who submitted EOI 4 months ago will not receive an invite until July 2019

At this moment nobody under 70 points has been getting invited for 189.

Oh great. Mine was seen as 2 months waiting time. Will wait to see how things go. Also, wanted to know if there is a preference for family over single applicants?

No preference. All based on point score of main applicant. If you have partner with required skills the you get an extra 5 points but other than that nothing.