Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Childcare rebate 457 but one parent Australian

Recommended Posts


I was just wondering how if anyone knows if you can claim child care rebate if one parent is an Australian citizen?

I’m currently on a 457 visa waiting for my 820 approval but my partner is an Australian citizen. I understand you can’t claim a rebate whilst on a 457 visa but was wondering if the father is Australian does that allow us to do so? I’m concerned I will have to go back to work full time for my visa requirement if the 820 visa isn’t approved soon so will need full time childcare!




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this