Taking Neo Mastiff back to Wales

Angela

Hi there, can anyone help?  We are moving back to Wales and taking our Neo back with us. She’s a very timid girl around strangers and is very nervous in unfamiliar surroundings/circumstances.  Can anyone recommend a pet travel service that will treat her like their own?  Thanks very much

Once the dog is in the crate and handed over, its the airline and airport staff shipping them etc. There isn't going to be any difference really there as the dog will be in a crate for the journey. There are a few main pet shippers in Aus and you are probably best contacting all of those direct to get quotes and find out about what services they offer. 

JetPets and Dogtainers are two that spring to mind. 

I'd be concerned at the size of the dog and its type with regards to shipping long haul more than anything.  If she is really timid and nervous are you confident she'll cope with the 24 hours plus flying and in transit etc. Also they are big heavy dogs and no idea how they go generally in a crate for long periods. I'd do some research and see what people say they are like shipping and if there are any known issues the breed can suffer in transit (ie for snub nosed breeds its overheating and breathing problems). For a dog that size it could be overheating or some such. Also check the time of year you plan to fly, the route and any time on the ground in say Dubai (can be stinking hot there at certain times of the year for example). 

3 hours ago, snifter said:

Once the dog is in the crate and handed over, its the airline and airport staff shipping them etc. There isn't going to be any difference really there as the dog will be in a crate for the journey. There are a few main pet shippers in Aus and you are probably best contacting all of those direct to get quotes and find out about what services they offer. 

I'd be concerned at the size of the dog and its type with regards to shipping long haul more than anything.  If she is really timid and nervous are you confident she'll cope with the 24 hours plus flying and in transit etc. Also they are big heavy dogs and no idea how they go generally in a crate for long periods. I'd do some research and see what people say they are like shipping and if there are any known issues the breed can suffer in transit (ie for snub nosed breeds its overheating and breathing problems). For a dog that size it could be overheating or some such. Also check the time of year you plan to fly, the route and any time on the ground in say Dubai (can be stinking hot there at certain times of the year for example). 

Thanks for that will certainly do my research

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2018 at 12:18, snifter said:

We shipped our Shar Pei classed as a brachyleptic breed and he was fine but could not be shipped between I think it was May -August because of the heat in Dubai ( the stop off point ) Pei are also quite anxious -in the end it was me that was anxious our boy was fine

40 minutes ago, Patphillips47 said:

We shipped our Shar Pei classed as a brachyleptic breed and he was fine but could not be shipped between I think it was May -August because of the heat in Dubai ( the stop off point ) Pei are also quite anxious -in the end it was me that was anxious our boy was fine

This isn’t a breed of that type. They are huge heavyset dogs is the thing. I know they get shipped but not sure if disposition could play a part or if size/weight in a crate for such an extended period is suitable or if the trip needs to be broken up perhaps.