Citizenship application approved but still waiting on hubby’s

Bimbobread

Hi all 

just wondering if anyone has any experience on the citizenship applications coming through at different stages?

we applied on 1 Dec 2017 and both passed our test on 20 March. 

Mine changed tk approved on 12 April and Hubby’s is still just received.

obviously we asked for our ceremony to be together but it will be so annoying if His takes the whole 15 months processing time. There is a ceremony in 4 weeks with our local council... I was hoping to be in that cohort.

how long have others had to wait?

thanks 

I applied 18th October 2017 and still nothing from Immigration apart from 'Received' as my status. I had the email saying they had received it, that's all. I'm guessing I'll be either one of the 10% that isn't processed in the 15 months that they suggest and I'm starting to wonder if it was worth it in the first place, applying for citizenship. I'm concerned that I'll be told that my application isn't valid any more and I'll need to reapply and start the whole process again. It's not like my application is a difficult one: it's just for me as the sole applicant with no issues attached and I've been in Australia for 10 years and a permanent resident since 2009.

If you call them up they can't (won't) do anything unless you've gone past the 15 month processing deadline and you just have to sit and wait. Absolutely rubbish service to be honest.

• 1 year later...

Hi ,

I am in the same situation as yours.  have you got your citizenship? Could you please advice me when you received it? i really dont know how long more its going to take for us?

Thanks, Sath

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:42, Bimbobread said:

Hi all 

just wondering if anyone has any experience on the citizenship applications coming through at different stages?

we applied on 1 Dec 2017 and both passed our test on 20 March. 

Mine changed tk approved on 12 April and Hubby’s is still just received.

obviously we asked for our ceremony to be together but it will be so annoying if His takes the whole 15 months processing time. There is a ceremony in 4 weeks with our local council... I was hoping to be in that cohort.

how long have others had to wait?

thanks