Cost to transport to dogs to Perth

Emma_M

Hi,

I’m just looking for a rough estimate to transport our 2 whippets from Scotland to Perth. Including any fees for rabies vacs or any other costs that are incurred.

Also what timeline do you advise for any vaccines. We are still in the early stages of the visa process and just looking to get some figures! 

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

thanks

We haven’t made the move yet but have had a quote to take out dog which is terrier alasation cross (we think). Medium size weighting approx 20kg. Our quote was £4800 to Brisbane. We tried 3 companies and they were all fairly similar.

The rabies vac we had done early as it lasts two years and you can get a booster also. The rnat test is done 4 weeks later and if antibody levels are ok the clock starts counting down. The dog can only travel 180 days after this test. I think the vac cost about £40 and the testing a bit more because of the lab analysis. 

Edited by Jsmull87

Great thanks for the info! Wow that’s quite expensive, I was hoping to pay about that for both of them ? do you know if the cost is done by weight or size or both?? Do the dogs travel together or separate do you know?

Think I’ll book my 2 in for the rabies soon then may as well get it done then that’s it out of the way.

I think it goes on crate volume and there are minimum guidelines to size of dog e.g they must be able to stand and turn etc. I must admit that I expected it to be cheaper but as three quotes were close it must of been me that was out. I think a good chunk of it is quarantine fees for Aus government. 

We got the rabies done early because there is lots of stuff to do in the move process and if we forgot then the countdown would be delayed. 

Edited by Jsmull87

7 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Great thanks for the info! Wow that’s quite expensive, I was hoping to pay about that for both of them ? do you know if the cost is done by weight or size or both?? Do the dogs travel together or separate do you know?

Think I’ll book my 2 in for the rabies soon then may as well get it done then that’s it out of the way.

You’ve posted your thread in the Pet Air section of the forum so Bob will be along to help answer your questions.

FWIW it’s based on size of dog, not weight. Crates are made to measure. AFAIK dogs cannot travel in the same crate but can be side by side and see each other. 

Hi.

Super off the top of my head, it is going to be around £4000-£5000 plus quarantine fees, but it really does depend on the size of your dogs. Whippetts can be quite big or quite small and the biggest cost is based on the volume of the crate. We get the sizes of your dogs and then build a crate around them so that they have the perfect amount of room - not too much and not to little.

Your best bet is to go to www.petairuk.com and you can get a quote for free which gives you lots of good info about timescales.

But yes getting the rabies work underway soon is a really sensible thing to do first. 

Hi.
Super off the top of my head, it is going to be around £4000-£5000 plus quarantine fees, but it really does depend on the size of your dogs. Whippetts can be quite big or quite small and the biggest cost is based on the volume of the crate. We get the sizes of your dogs and then build a crate around them so that they have the perfect amount of room - not too much and not to little.
Your best bet is to go to www.petairuk.com and you can get a quote for free which gives you lots of good info about timescales.
But yes getting the rabies work underway soon is a really sensible thing to do first. 

Is that for both dogs? Are you including the quarantine fees in that? I would be interested in getting a quote from you for my dog.

12 minutes ago, Jsmull87 said:

Is that for both dogs? Are you including the quarantine fees in that? I would be interested in getting a quote from you for my dog.

He does say plus quarantine fees, so I’m assuming their paid on top of that. Which companies did you get quotes from so I can have a look around? 

Thanks 

21 minutes ago, BobPetairUK said:

We need certain details to give you a perfect quote, so if you can measure your dogs and let us know that we can give you a quote. 

Thanks, I’ve sent a quote over on the website now ?

Measurements are (cm)

L63, H60, W14

L70, H62, W14

Hi

We will send you a formal quote, we are super busy at the mo, so it may be a couple of days.

Also ref getting other quotes - go for Transfur and Golden Arrow as well - they are mentioned on here, but Dogtainers are based in Australia. Just read the quotes well as they all include a different amount of stuff. So a cheap quote will mean you need to pay your vets and for permits as well. But it will be obvious from the quotes.