Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

acc0101

Terminate my Bridging visa. Get a new travel visa to re-enter

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. xD

I am planning to cancel my Bridging visa A. and re-enter AUS with travel visa. 

 

I am waiting for the AAT appeal for my 457 nomination, and holding a Bridging visa A.

However, I do not want to work for my employer anymore now, the result is nothing to me now. 

I am planning to lodge a partner Visa on-shore ASAP and would need a travel visa to do it.

 

The tricky part is i don't want to waste time for canceling and waiting for IMMI to cancel my Bridging visa A.

i am planning to leave AUS directly and apply and ETA travel visa oversea and re-enter AUS with this. 

 

Would it be possible to do this? any hidden issue i need to worry about ?

 

Cheers

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would seriously speak to a migration agent, sounds somewhat dodgy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a good plan. If eligible for a partner visa, apply offshore, no need to cancel the current application and a partner visa (if low risk country) should be granted in about three months). An on shore application likely to take two years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I can think of 2 potential issues. 

1 - You get refused on re-entry as you are  not a genuine tourist + 3 year ban

2 - You get NFS on your Visa and unable to apply for a Partner visa anyway. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Samson said:

Well I can think of 2 potential issues. 

1 - You get refused on re-entry as you are  not a genuine tourist + 3 year ban

2 - You get NFS on your Visa and unable to apply for a Partner visa anyway. 

 

Talked with my agent. She gave me a suggestion like this:

Apply for Bridging Visa B and leave AUS first, and then apply the ETA oversea. 

At least i still get the BVB to return if my ETA is failure. 

Just a bit curious. is it possible to apply an visitor VISA while holding a BVB....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if that's what your agent said then the choice to do that is up to you. 

I am worried tho, if your 457 visa has also been refused and you are not appealing it, then surely that classed as a refusal and a ban will apply? 

I don't think anyone on here can give you the answers you need unfortunately '=(

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Samson said:

Well if that's what your agent said then the choice to do that is up to you. 

I am worried tho, if your 457 visa has also been refused and you are not appealing it, then surely that classed as a refusal and a ban will apply? 

I don't think anyone on here can give you the answers you need unfortunately '=(

 

 

2

My employer's nomination been refused and them my 457 refused afterward. 

Both already in AAT appeal. 

Just want to collect some option before this bet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bet alright. 

Just off topic, how long has your nomination/visa appeal been with the AAT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Samson said:

It's a bet alright. 

Just off topic, how long has your nomination/visa appeal been with the AAT?

almost 10 months. still waiting. 

Don't want to work with this employer anyone, and that's why i am finding some way to apply partner Visa on-shore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Luck, I hope it works out for you, shame about the 457  ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Samson said:

Good Luck, I hope it works out for you, shame about the 457  ;-) 

Thanks mate all the best. 

shame on 457 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×