TSS - skills assessment when applying for TRT

AlexJD

Appreciate that this scenario is still almost 3 years away, but trying to get some clarity on it.

As we now know, the TSS requires 2 years experience in the nominated occupation, but applicants only need a skills assessment for certain roles.

Providing that the role you apply for (taxation accountant in this case) does not require a skills assessment on initial application for the TSS, would this then be required after 3 years when the applicant looked to gain PR via the TRT? 

Reason for asking is that my wife is a taxation accountant, although has alternative qualifications, that would not meet skills assessment requirements as she is CTA qualified as opposed to being qualified with the mainstream accountancy bodies.

I am pretty much in the same quandary. I have plenty of experience in my role, once i have experience in Oz through my sponsorship i'll have the points in excess but i just don't have the qualification to pass a skills assessment i don't think (i have a uk Level 3 Diploma and my role requires an Australian Diploma). Though i will try and rectify that while in Australia. 

What i believe is that if you go through a direct entry stream then from July 1 all roles will need an assessment but TRT generally don't need them but you can be asked to do one if they decide that and there are a few roles specified that do need assessments. 

Having said all that; i'm not an expert and i may be wrong and just when you start getting your head around it all BOOM they change things!