What happens when you first land???

scubacam

1 hour ago, Parley said:

They have a job to do. Which is to catch people who are bringing in stuff they shouldn't or who are coming here under false pretences.

They are not paid to smile and just wave everyone through the gate.

I’d settle for some polite civility to be honest. It’s possible to do a good job without being an arse. Anyway I now always buy a small pot of jam, go through the something to declare channel at customs, they like that and it’s quicker and then use the automatic gates for immigration. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

I’d settle for some polite civility to be honest. It’s possible to do a good job without being an arse. Anyway I now always buy a small pot of jam, go through the something to declare channel at customs, they like that and it’s quicker and then use the automatic gates for immigration. 

If you’re on any prescription medication, just declare that. The automatic gates are good (once you remember to take your specs off!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Quoll said:

If you’re on any prescription medication, just declare that. The automatic gates are good (once you remember to take your specs off!)

I was telling my mum about you at the automatic gates. We were rolling around as we are both short sighted so if we took our glasses off we wouldn’t have been able to see there was a screen much less read the instructions! xD

2 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

I was telling my mum about you at the automatic gates. We were rolling around as we are both short sighted so if we took our glasses off we wouldn’t have been able to see there was a screen much less read the instructions! xD

I actually had that very discussion with one of the staff when I was told to use the automatic gate. I pointed out I couldn't see a thing without my specs, they refused to listen, so I just stood at the gate not moving till they realised I was telling the truth and really couldn't see a thing without the glasses on! They had to tell me that I was OK to proceed, I genuinely couldn't see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1