189/190 Visa Help re Skills Assessment vs "Experience"

Hi All,

I've spent a vast amount of time trying to understand my eligibility for points based visas (189/190). I'm an ICT professional (systems analyst (Long term skills shortage list MLTSSL)) with just under 8 years professional experience. I have a degree but it is not ICT related. Based on the ACS skills assessment they will need to use the first 6 years of my employment history to just qualify by skills. Only the experience AFTER this 6 years will count towards points. I can see that you can only get points for more than 3 years experience. Therefore, I am feeling very deflated that my original 15 points that I  presumed I would get has decreased to '0'. 

Based on this I am starting to feel like I might only be left with 60 points (even after IELTS high English scores) and everything I have read online suggests the waiting time for invitation is long and may very well never happen. 

Has anyone else had experience with this situation? Would the fact that my skills are on the MLTSSL make me more desirable or is that just wishful thinking? 

Many thanks!

9 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Just been on the MLTSSL doesn't make you automatically more desirable. Have you considered taking professional advice from a good migration agent?

Hi there, I think you are right - we will need to give in and get agent advice on this! I'm going to look to get some recommendations! Thank you!