Employer won't withdraw my nomination

SaSSa

Hi all

Just after some opinions or thoughts on the impact of my previous employer not withdrawing my nomination for a 457 visa. To keep a long story short my husband and I came over here in Jan 2017 on student visas, found an employer to sponsor me as a sales and marketing manager and we submitted our 457 visa application on 28 June 2017. The decision to date is still pending.  After 9 months we decided we cannot work for the company any longer. The bullying and way they treat employees just got beyond a joke. This was not directed just at us, 15 people left the company within a 12 month period and the number of employees normally sits around 16 people. Most people seemed to last no more than 6 months. To leave as amicably as possible we told them we were returning to the UK due to unexpected family reasons. They accepted this reason  without question as knew how much we loved Australia and wanted to stay. . Anyway myself and the company used a really good immigration lawyer. I contacted them to advise we have left and filled out the relevant form. They have then contacted my employer and asked them to confirm they wish to withdraw the nomination. No answer, so for two days the lawyers and myself chased them. Finally the have responded and said they do not wish withdraw the nomination and to leave it on the system. The lawyer advised that if they do this there is no way I can work for them as will not have a visa and this will simply cause immigration to contact them and question that decision once they look at the nomination in the coming weeks or months.

Can somebody shed any light on why they are doing this? it seems of no benefit?

We hope to return in a few years (we are heading home to retrain and hopefully come back) will this impact us down the line?

Thanks for any help

17 hours ago, SaSSa said:

Hi all

Just after some opinions or thoughts on the impact of my previous employer not withdrawing my nomination for a 457 visa. To keep a long story short my husband and I came over here in Jan 2017 on student visas, found an employer to sponsor me as a sales and marketing manager and we submitted our 457 visa application on 28 June 2017. The decision to date is still pending.  After 9 months we decided we cannot work for the company any longer. The bullying and way they treat employees just got beyond a joke. This was not directed just at us, 15 people left the company within a 12 month period and the number of employees normally sits around 16 people. Most people seemed to last no more than 6 months. To leave as amicably as possible we told them we were returning to the UK due to unexpected family reasons. They accepted this reason  without question as knew how much we loved Australia and wanted to stay. . Anyway myself and the company used a really good immigration lawyer. I contacted them to advise we have left and filled out the relevant form. They have then contacted my employer and asked them to confirm they wish to withdraw the nomination. No answer, so for two days the lawyers and myself chased them. Finally the have responded and said they do not wish withdraw the nomination and to leave it on the system. The lawyer advised that if they do this there is no way I can work for them as will not have a visa and this will simply cause immigration to contact them and question that decision once they look at the nomination in the coming weeks or months.

Can somebody shed any light on why they are doing this? it seems of no benefit?

We hope to return in a few years (we are heading home to retrain and hopefully come back) will this impact us down the line?

Thanks for any help

The nomination is an application by the company to fill a position. If they chose not to withdraw it, this will not effect you.