JOB OFFER FOR 190 VISA

Hi I am new to this so can anyone advise - for Victoria state nomination skilled 190 Visa  - do you have to have an actual Job Offer or is it acceptable to have enquired about your suitability for different possible roles i.e job search, contacting prospective employers? (All other criteria in place - age, points, skills assessment, etc) 

If someone could clarify this please - for those who have completed the Visa application recently.  I can't imagine how you can co ordinate job offer, partner/husband job offer, selling up, moving, immigrating and eventually getting there?  Feeling slightly concerned. 

thank you in advance. 

thank you for the idea Verystormy - I have looked on the Home affairs AU Govt website and there appear to be no caveats for my occupation - dietitian. 

However the migration agent has said that I need a firm job offer. But what I don't understand is how is it that you need a firm job offer for the visa to be granted, yet you get (I think) up to 5 years to enter the country after that?  

whats the best way with job offers or the potential for you to be employable in order to support one's visa application?

• Like 1

Thank you Kevsan - exactly what I thought and I found that website information just this afternoon as well - so I am confused now.  But I am guessing the agent wants to make sure I maximise my chances!  I believe things are tougher than when some people applied a few years ago

How long do you actually get on the 190 Visa to enter - is it still 5years from the time it is granted?

Thanks again for your response. 

3 hours ago, WizardofOz2018 said:

Thank you Kevsan - exactly what I thought and I found that website information just this afternoon as well - so I am confused now.  But I am guessing the agent wants to make sure I maximise my chances!  I believe things are tougher than when some people applied a few years ago

How long do you actually get on the 190 Visa to enter - is it still 5years from the time it is granted?

Thanks again for your response. 

You need to make your first visit to Australia within 1 year of your Police/Medicals. This can just be for a holiday to validate your PR. Once you have done that you will have 5 years to make your permanent move.

• 8 months later...