Resident return visa

Sofie

What should i do in my situation?

I lived in Australia as a child for four years. I went to a private school between year 1 to 4. My mom was married with an Australian man and when they broke up we moved home to Sweden. I have a sister and she is born in Australia. Now i am 39 i want to live in Australia for one year with my sons and husband, what visa should i apply for`? In my old passport there is a green resident return label, and stamps immigration Australia permitted to enter and remain for residence. Can i renew my resident return visa?

Best bet with this one is to speak to a migration agent. At the very least you would have to prove significant ties to the country which would likely be difficult after so long away.

There are some highly recommended agents floating about this site. If you hit the search bar, the names repeatedly pop up. 

7 hours ago, Jsmull87 said:

Best bet with this one is to speak to a migration agent. At the very least you would have to prove significant ties to the country which would likely be difficult after so long away.

There are some highly recommended agents floating about this site. If you hit the search bar, the names repeatedly pop up. 

Thank you for your answer, ill do my best to contakt a migration agent. We went to Australia on a turist visa for three months 2011. Anyway i find this site yesterday and it seems like a realy good site

6 hours ago, Sofie said:

Thank you for your answer, ill do my best to contakt a migration agent. We went to Australia on a turist visa for three months 2011. Anyway i find this site yesterday and it seems like a realy good site

I would certainly speak with an agent.  It sounds like you may have had a permanent visa at one point as you give reference to indefinite leave to remain. However two things are in the way, one being the amount of time you've been away and the ability to prove ties to Oz and you mention you've recently visited on a tourist visa. This may have cancelled any previous visa you ever held.

• Thanks 1

On 2018-04-10 at 15:07, Jsmull87 said:

Thank you, for answering my guestion, do you have an idèa what a agent cost? and how do i pay, maybe my questions are silly! Do i need to sent original dokuments? like schoolrecords? I think i made a big misstake when i came to Australia on a turist visa for 3 mounths 2011.

2 minutes ago, Jsmull87 said:

Cost is difficult to gauge as depends on your case. Reach out one or all of the listed agents. They will not take your money if they cannot help you so cost shouldn’t be a concern at this stage. 

Okej! Thank you.