I’m planning to apply for a 189 as an Early Childhood Teacher (I have a 3 year Early Years undergrad with QTS degree and will finish my MA in Early Childhood Education in August). I can’t submit my info to AITSL until Jan 2018 for my skills assessment, as I won’t receive my MA transcript and certificate until then. 

I also (randomly) completed 1 year of a BA in English Lit in the 1990s. So, here’s the question: could that 1 year be counted towards the 4 years of university study? If so, I could use that with my undergrad and, rather than waiting until next Jan, I could get my skills assessed and submit an EOI much sooner. I know it’s a long shot and am thinking that I probably can’t count it, as it didn’t result in a qualification (as I dropped out). 

Just thought I’d ask, as others may have been in the same situation. Thanks ?? 

12 minutes ago, TeacherSkel said:

I’m planning to apply for a 189 as an Early Childhood Teacher (I have a 3 year Early Years undergrad with QTS degree and will finish my MA in Early Childhood Education in August). I can’t submit my info to AITSL until Jan 2018 for my skills assessment, as I won’t receive my MA transcript and certificate until then. 

I also (randomly) completed 1 year of a BA in English Lit in the 1990s. So, here’s the question: could that 1 year be counted towards the 4 years of university study? If so, I could use that with my undergrad and, rather than waiting until next Jan, I could get my skills assessed and submit an EOI much sooner. I know it’s a long shot and am thinking that I probably can’t count it, as it didn’t result in a qualification (as I dropped out). 

Just thought I’d ask, as others may have been in the same situation. Thanks ?? 

Sorry, no, the one year of an uncompleted degree does not count as it did not result in any sort of qualification. You are better off saving your money until you have your full studies completed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sammy1 said:

Sorry, no, the one year of an uncompleted degree does not count as it did not result in any sort of qualification. You are better off saving your money until you have your full studies completed.

As I suspected (but was hoping for a different answer ?). Thanks!

Immigration is not an easy ordeal and they only look for fully qualified applicants to high standards. Before starting on this journey be sure to have all al quals up to local  standards as AU immigration will not accept much less than the current up to date qualifications in your occupation