State Sponsorship

Ben3

Hi guys

I am just looking at my options for my move to Australia! When I was younger, I spent 2 years in Oz and pretty much decided then that I want to live in QLD.

Looking at my options - state sponsorship is an option. However, I understand that QLD is not offering this at the moment (please let me know if this is wrong).

I believe (again, let me know if I’m wrong) that NSW is offering state sponsorship.

I have family in QLD - another reason I’d like to move there.

Please can someone let me know of their experiences of state sponsorship? Do I have to live and work in the state that sponsored me for a certain period of time? What happens at the end of it?

Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Ben

Hiya, I think you get offered state sponsorship depending if that state requires your skills, have you had a look if your trade is on the list for that state ? Then you have to to a skilled assessment before you apply for state sponsorship

Hiya, I think you get offered state sponsorship depending if that state requires your skills, have you had a look if your trade is on the list for that state ? Then you have to to a skilled assessment before you apply for state sponsorship

Hi thanks for your reply. Apologises, my occupation is a secondary level teacher (PE)

Thanks
Ben

Well I’m not very experienced so can’t give much advice but we have just got to the point where we have submitted our eoi to the state that is sponsoring my trade (it’s not where we want to be but it’s a moral obligation to live in the state that sponsors you for at least 2 years) and it has taken the best part of 8 months to get here, their is so much information to get together it has been so stressful