309/100 309 granted 2 years ago how long for 100??

deeacz

309 granted for my husband ages ago, we are living in Oz, put in documents for 100 visa Feb this year and it says another 2 years wait!! We can't get a mortgage until we get the 100 as he is still seen as a foreign investor while on 309

It's been 2 years since 309 another 2 years seems a long time to wait

Is this right??

30 minutes ago, deeacz said:

309 granted for my husband ages ago, we are living in Oz, put in documents for 100 visa Feb this year and it says another 2 years wait!! We can't get a mortgage until we get the 100 as he is still seen as a foreign investor while on 309

It's been 2 years since 309 another 2 years seems a long time to wait

Is this right??

Yep, the wait for Spouse PR onshore is currently 18 months - 2 years. 

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Backtoback said:

I was just coming back online to check this too! I entered Australia a year ago today, my visa being granted September 2016. It ALWAYS said eligible for 100 one year after visa commencement but now it’s cjanged to two years! Anyone know why?

You may be misunderstanding.  The eligibility for the 100 stage of the visa has always been 2 years after the application for the 309/100 was submitted - so if you applied April 2016 (for example) and your visa was granted Sept. 2016, then you are eligible to provide the updated information towards the 100 visa as of April 2018.  So 2 years after you submitted the original application.

The OP's issue is that the processing time of the second stage has blown out so people are waiting a lot longer to actually receive the 100 visa.  So even if you were to submit your updated documents in April 2018, you may not actually receive the 100 visa until some time mid to late 2019 or even later.  The Department is struggling to keep up with the high volume of applications and higher scrutiny required so all visa processing times are getting longer and longer.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Backtoback said:

I was just coming back online to check this too! I entered Australia a year ago today, my visa being granted September 2016. It ALWAYS said eligible for 100 one year after visa commencement but now it’s cjanged to two years! Anyone know why?

Its always been two years from the date of original application. well maybe not technically always, but certainly for the last twenty years!

Grant date is irrelevant, when did you apply/ Its two years from THAT date. 

• Thanks 1