Perth Suburbs

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @PingPongPossibly welcome to the forum. I’m sure some of our Perth members will be along to help soon, if they miss your post try on www.perthpoms.com it’s a smaller state specific forum and is more intimate with people living in the area. 

‘Can I ask where you lived when you were last here? How long have you been away? We seem to have a few pingpoms at the moment.

Thanks Pom Queen. We lived in Sydney for about five years and have been back in the UK just over three. We aren't completely settled and wonder if we had actually become more used to the Aussie way of life then we realised at the time. Going back to Sydney isn't really feasible but we have some links to Perth which is why we are thinking about there instead. 

6 hours ago, PingPongPossibly said:

Thanks Pom Queen. We lived in Sydney for about five years and have been back in the UK just over three. We aren't completely settled and wonder if we had actually become more used to the Aussie way of life then we realised at the time. Going back to Sydney isn't really feasible but we have some links to Perth which is why we are thinking about there instead. 

Have you spent much time in Perth?   If not, then don't expect it to be anything like Sydney.   I have two friends who never settled in Sydney but love Perth - whereas my niece loved her year working in Sydney, but wouldn't live in Perth if you paid her (in fact, she got the chance of a short-term contract in Perth but only lasted a couple of months).   Hard to say what's so different about it without getting into arguments, it's personal preference really, but the differences are definitely there.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. Yes we have visited Perth several times so know it is very different from Sydney. Pros and Cons of both I guess. The main driver behind moving back to Oz would be for the outside lifestyle compared to feeling stuck inside so much in the UK. Hopefully this would be similar in both cities.