Regional Australian Post Codes Near Syd

Footylad

Hey, 

I am looking for advice as I may have to move to a regional postcode to find work to try and get PR through direct entry.

My friends and family are in Sydney and I do not want to move, however if I have to move out for a year or so I will.

My question is, what is the closet area to Sydney which is classified as regional.

Once I find a company and visa is granted do I immediately get PR?

Thanks in advance for any help. 

There isn't. There's a regionals program so people won't try to locate near cities with skills surpluses.

google + 10 seconds  = https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/skilled-regional-nominated-migration-489

I get your frustration but it'll be better to try a nice regional town for a year and get a job so you have local work experience for when you apply for Sydney jobs, and Sydney's ok, but it's just a city. 

If you have family here can they not sponsor you? Might be worth trying a  different state to NSW to get closer to a city and still be regional.

PR depends on the visa type you apply for, very challenging to obtain a job offer without a visa, it's a chicken and egg scenario in most cases.

If you are eligible for PR, just go through direct PR anywhere entry, far more preferable and better (but not guaranteed) chance of gainful employment, as non PR professions are, for the most part, filled locally. Being unemployed in Sydney doesn't seem like it would be fun!

good luck with it all!

Edited by seraphim

If you mean that you want to stay in Sydney and drive to work somewhere regional - I doubt it's possible.  Your best hope is the Wingecarribee Shire which is part of the Southern Inland region.

Of course you'll also have to check whether your occupation is on the list

https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/66879/NSW-489-list.pdf

I think you'll need to accept that a move is unavoidable.   The silver lining is that you'll be able to buy a much cheaper house in these smaller towns, and still be within driving distance of Sydney to visit friends and familiy on weekends. 

If you're willing to look a little further afield, Port Macquarie is a lovely family town and is in the Mid North Coast region.  Or look at Shoalhaven in Far South Coast.