Aus lack of culture, what do YOU mean.

Guest melissa

Guest melissa
:biglaugh:

That simply isn't true!! (not the oldest race) they themselves are foreigners to Australia they've been here around 50,000 years give or take

But what do they do? what purpose do they serve? what have they achieved in 50,000 years or perhaps even longer? I know what my answer is!

I think living on a land for 50,000 years without the need to farm or rape the land is probably a greater acheivment than any modern race.

But without getting sucked into all that nonsense, did you know that Adeleaide host's the second biggest Fringe fesitval in the world after Edinburgh?

Darren.

Guest tigman
I think living on a land for 50,000 years without the need to farm or rape the land is probably a greater acheivment than any modern race.

But without getting sucked into all that nonsense, did you know that Adeleaide host's the second biggest Fringe fesitval in the world after Edinburgh?

Darren.

That's down to the fact it requires working and energy, as regards rape I would of chosen another word in this context.

'2nd biggest and it's placment in world listings' your point is what?

Guest Guest9973

Darren.

You've just jarred my memory about Adelaide.

I live here and must admit I certainly don't appreciate how much culture there is here.

Yup - the Fringe is a huge event and over the year there is some sort of festival or event going on.Something for everyone.After all Adelaide is also nicknamed Festival City.

BTW Mucho respect to the Aborigines.I can honestly say that in 8 years I've not met a "proper" one - by that I mean the guys that actually live out in the bush and have not lost their heritage.

Guest Hello Kitty

At the moment in Melbourne the national gallery is showing the 'Art Deco' exhibition which came from the V&A in London. The gallery here has managed to host some incredible exhibitions that have only been shown in a handful of cities in the world. The art deco exhibition has only been shown in London, New York, Tokyo and now Melbourne.

You can go to the theatre, world class ballet and opera in Melbourne any week of the year.

There are film festivals, music festivals, comedy festivals, jazz fesitvals, a month long food and wine festival, arts festivals, gay pride festivals, various multicultural festivals etc. etc. I could go on and on. These festivals are hugely popular with the locals.

I don't know how anyone could say there is no culture in somewhere like Melbourne or other cities of Australia. Granted you might not find such variety of cultural opportunities in every town or city of Australia but it is certainly there if that's what you are looking for.

Guest Pinhead

I agree when I lived in Melbourne they had an impressionist exhibtion that was absolutely fantastic.

Guest tigman
That sort of racist comment doesn't even deserve a response. You should be ashamed of yourself.

:biglaugh:You did respond, I"m not racist and I'm definately not ashamed of MYSELF!!

Guest Brickie
can we please avoid any racist or personal comments ,its not needed,if your unsure of what to post please read the forum rules,

Cal x

Also know as having a bit of decorum.

Guest tigman
Your post has been reported.

Merely voicing an opinion. Isn't that what forums are about?

It doesn't take a great deal to exhaust some peoples line of thought!:biglaugh:

Guest melissa
That's down to the fact it requires working and energy, as regards rape I would of chosen another word in this context.

'2nd biggest and it's placment in world listings' your point is what?

I'm sure hunting required energy, as for the word 'rape' i think if you look it up in the Oxford dictionary you'll find one of it's meaning's written as, and i quote "the rape of a countries natural resources".

With regards to to the Fringe festival being the second biggest in the whole wide world. My point, as this is a thread about Australian culture, is obviously to point out that there is a really, really big CULTURAL festival that happens every year in Australia.

Like a teenager, you think you know it all but........

Darren.(a hungry Carp)

Guest tigman
I'm sure hunting required energy, as for the word 'rape' i think if you look it up in the Oxford dictionary you'll find one of it's meaning's written as, and i quote "the rape of a countries natural resources".

With regards to to the Fringe festival being the second biggest in the whole wide world. My point, as this is a thread about Australian culture, is obviously to point out that there is a really, really big CULTURAL festival that happens every year in Australia.

Like a teenager, you think you know it all but........

Darren.(a hungry Carp)

Abo"s were trappers and used the boomerang which does not require a tremendous amount of energy.

"rape" is a word chosen by you not me. I simply thought out of context considering the recent rape allegations and succesfull convictions of teenage abo's.

Aren't teenage abo's part of Australian culture?(great culture)

I have never questioned the fact that Australians have a culture merely questioning peoples interpretations of it!

I"d just like to point out it doesn't have to be the OLDEST or the BIGGEST to be cultural.

The suggesttion that your liking me to a teenager is somewhat a compliment, although youth is no longer on my side I'm afraid. but knowledge and wisdom are.

I would hazard a guess that I have probably forgotten more than you may ever know!!

Guest tigman
The term you are using to describe an aborigine Tigman, is deemed offensive in Australia..Please can you refrain from using it..

Also I would like to remind all members that we do not tolerate personal insults..In case this is where this thread is headed

My apologies if I have offended some people. I used this word as a colloquialism.

Guest Aldo
My apologies if I have offended some people. I used this word as a colloquialism.

No offense here, but then i'm just a "pom"

Archived