AITSL Teacher skills assessment

Holly

On 08/04/2018 at 00:35, Cerys89 said:

I got my skills assessment for Secondary School Teacher from AITSL in November. 

The website says it takes 10 weeks to process the application. They emailed me after 9 weeks to say they’d posted the result and it arrived a few days later. 

I was panicking with mine too but from what I found online, most of them take around 10 weeks :)

On 08/04/2018 at 00:35, Cerys89 said:

I got my skills assessment for Secondary School Teacher from AITSL in November. 

The website says it takes 10 weeks to process the application. They emailed me after 9 weeks to say they’d posted the result and it arrived a few days later. 

I was panicking with mine too but from what I found online, most of them take around 10 weeks 

HEllo Cery

Congratulations on your assessment! I am sending my documents very soon, I have everything sorted but there is something I still want to double check before shipping them. About the professional practice, I did two periods of six weeks each , 5 days each week, which makes 60 days in my last year of studies. However, this information is stated in weeks in both syllabus an the letter that I got from my uni, I asked my director to specify 30 days in each period of my practice, as we were trained to teach two languages english and french and we did 6 weeks for each subject, so my letter states as follows: english 6 weeks (30 days) an french 6 weeks (30 days).

do you think this would be a problem or a reason for them to decline my application? I am also going to send my syllabus which decribes each week and the dates too .

I woul really appreciate if you coul help me.

Thanks

No that won’t be a problem that it’s stated in weeks. My letter from my university stated something like ‘6 weeks, 7 weeks and 10 weeks of placement.’ Just calculate how many days that is and write it on the form when it asks how many days, that’s what I did. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hellos guys, I'm new to this site but I urge some help please. I have applied for a migration assessment with AITSL and my file, as far as I know, had all required documents: bachelor's degree five years, teaching practice certificate 30 days +30 days making 60 in my last year of studies, ietls with the right score and many other letters from uni which I requested to make it clear how uni works here in my country. Also I have sent the syllabus of the the Professional practice since this was a course in the last year. All papers were signed stamped by principals and authorities and all. I even hired a Mara agent to make sure everything was going right. Good money I have spent. 

Now my question is, it's been nearly 3 weeks and AITSL already sent the mail saying my assessment is now complete. I'll be getting the official outcome next week through the lawyer. My big question is how come THEY TOOK SO LITTLE TIME? IS IT A BAD SIGN?? IS IT STH GOOD?? HAS ANYONE HAD THE RESULTS IN SUCH A VERY SHORT TIME?? PLEASE ID LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT UR EXPERIENCE, I'M GOING CRAZY. 

I asked a few people and they told me that aitsl usually get in touch with you when sth is wrong or need more explanation. In my case, they haven't even replied to one mail my lawyer sent about the change of director in my uni. I mean my uni assigned another person to be the new director but she could have verify any information too. So we sent an email and they never reply and now they say the outcome is ready. Please help

Hellos guys, I'm new to this site but I urge some help please. I have applied for a migration assessment with AITSL and my file, as far as I know, had all required documents: bachelor's degree five years, teaching practice certificate 30 days +30 days making 60 in my last year of studies, ietls with the right score and many other letters from uni which I requested to make it clear how uni works here in my country. Also I have sent the syllabus of the the Professional practice since this was a course in the last year. All papers were signed stamped by principals and authorities and all. I even hired a Mara agent to make sure everything was going right. Good money I have spent. 

Now my question is, it's been nearly 3 weeks and AITSL already sent the mail saying my assessment is now complete. I'll be getting the official outcome next week through the lawyer. My big question is how come THEY TOOK SO LITTLE TIME? IS IT A BAD SIGN?? IS IT STH GOOD?? HAS ANYONE HAD THE RESULTS IN SUCH A VERY SHORT TIME?? PLEASE ID LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT UR EXPERIENCE, I'M GOING CRAZY. 

I asked a few people and they told me that aitsl usually get in touch with you when sth is wrong or need more explanation. In my case, they haven't even replied to one mail my lawyer sent about the change of director in my uni. I mean my uni assigned another person to be the new director but she could have verify any information too. So we sent an email and they never reply and now they say the outcome is ready. Please help

33 minutes ago, ClaraCM said:

Hi,

I understand that it’s quite stressful the whole process is tbh. But there is nothing much we can do now. Maybe like you told, you submitted all the documents and letters so they processed yours really fast. Best is to just not think too much about it and wait till you get the outcome which should come through in a week or so. Easier said than done tho hehe.

all the best 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/04/2018 at 02:31, patrickc said:

Thanks for the info, i am probably just worrying for no reason, its very frustrating having to wait on one thing before you can do the next but i guess im in for a long road ahead so may just get use to it 

Take it one step at a time. As you have said it's a long road and plenty of road blocks to manoeuvre! You may as well get used to be impatient and frustrated as well!

• 7 months later...

How did everyone on here get on with their applications?

I am looking at the 189 skilled visa as an option... but as others have said, my degree is only 3 years (BAHons Primary Education with ITE). I did my NQT year in an SEN school and then 4 years further teaching in the same SEN school.

It appears from the AITSL website and what others have said here that they won't accept my 3 year degree... Holly (OP) what did you do in the end?

I am guessing the only way forwards is to do a 1 year masters to get that 4th year of education that they want??

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Please I need clarification on the following concerning my skills occupation migration assessment with AITSL:

1. Do I need English test (IELTS) result available before assessment?

2. All they need for employment does it mean only the letter from your school axknowledging a supervisesd teaching practice or do they also need post graduation experience too? Does that add to any extra point whatsoever?

3. How certain is a positive outcome if you studied education and also meet with other requirements needed like the TP letter and transcript or do they have a special grade in the TP for a positive assessment.

I need a guide from someone who has assessed recently with AITSL or anyone with the experience on how to get positive from them and even th3 steps thereafter. Thank you.

On 01/07/2019 at 10:32, Rodderick89 said:

How did everyone on here get on with their applications?

I am looking at the 189 skilled visa as an option... but as others have said, my degree is only 3 years (BAHons Primary Education with ITE). I did my NQT year in an SEN school and then 4 years further teaching in the same SEN school.

It appears from the AITSL website and what others have said here that they won't accept my 3 year degree... Holly (OP) what did you do in the end?

I am guessing the only way forwards is to do a 1 year masters to get that 4th year of education that they want??

Hi,

Yes you definitely need four years university education which could be in the form of a MA or PGCE. I was in the same predicament, I had three years BA in Primary Ed so decided to do a PGCE in early years education because I had primarily worked in the EYFS since qualifying as a primary school teacher anyway so it made sense whether I emigrated or not. BUT they only counted my experience post PGCE qualification so my 7 years previous experience didn’t count for anything and therefore impacted on points. 

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Experts,

I'm looking for your suggestions regarding AITSL Skill Assessment for my wife with her educational background and work experiences.

My wife has graduated in Bachelor of Arts in English Language & Literature from India and she had also worked as a Primary School Teacher for 2 years when she was in India before our wedding. After wedding, she's moved to Singapore, and later pursued a part time certification on Fundamental Certificate in Early Childhood Care Education, with that she has worked as an Assistant Teacher in a Childcare School for 1.5 years, so she has 2 years of experience as Primary Teacher and 1.5 years as Preschool Teacher. Also, she is currently pursuing a certification in TESOL to again look for opportunities in Primary Teaching.

Now my question is, which ANZSCO would be suitable for her education and experiences and are we seem to be eligible for benefiting the spouse points category?

I understand that she doesn't have 4 years Bachelor instead she only has 3 years Bachelor with no specialization in Education, but is there any possibility to get positive assessment with her experience or AITSL still need a 4 year or 1 year Masters relevant to Education so as to get positive outcome for Teaching? If she can do a Masters now, will her past experiences be considered?

Please help to clarify my queries.

Thanks.
Yusuff

• 4 years later...

Hi , I applied for aitsl skill assessment for ECT and after 8 weeks they sent me email asking for few other documents which i submitted on the same day and now its been week after that. So any idea how long they will take more??? Or i have to wait another 8 weeks???