Sponsor - Police report

elbow271

Hi guys

Thanks for reading - currently applying for a partner visa and my wife is an Aussie in the UK and i'm the pom. She has been here 11 years (i know!) and we are unsure whether to submit a police report for her (time in the UK) with the initial application or wait until it is requested by a case officer. It appears from what i have read this is not always needed? 
As it costs nearly £50 to get one, i'm reluctant to spend the money unless necessary. What do you guys think? MASSIVE thanks in advance for any guidance smile.gif

17 hours ago, elbow271 said:

Hi guys

Thanks for reading - currently applying for a partner visa and my wife is an Aussie in the UK and i'm the pom. She has been here 11 years (i know!) and we are unsure whether to submit a police report for her (time in the UK) with the initial application or wait until it is requested by a case officer. It appears from what i have read this is not always needed? 
As it costs nearly £50 to get one, i'm reluctant to spend the money unless necessary. What do you guys think? MASSIVE thanks in advance for any guidance smile.gif

Better to have it ready as soon as possible but it is not required at the time of initial application.

That said, there have been some very fast applications, and I was asked to arrange my medical straight away, so didn't see the point in waiting.  I have also applied for the AFP certificate for my sponsor in case they ask, even though we have been in the UK for more than 10 years as well.

2 hours ago, elbow271 said:

@Jon the Hat - big thanks, am hoping for a fast turnaround, my aussie missus is done with this weather (UK)  - i think we  will wait until they ask - my one didnt take too long to come - few days

Same, it was 2 days I think!

My wife is also well and truly fed up with this winter which doesn't seem to have ended seen though here we are in spring!  The promise of a visa for me is helping...