Have a look on domain.com.au and realestate.com.au to get an idea of costs for renting.   I don't know if you're planning to buy, but when moving to a foreign country, it's always a good idea to rent for six months first, to discover where you'd really like to live. 

Homely.com.au is a good review site for suburbs, though (like all review sites) you have to take it with a pinch of salt. 

You might need to tell us a bit more about yourselves.   For instance, if you've got kids you probably want a family-friendly suburb, whereas if you're a young professional couple, you want to be close to restaurants and cafés.  Or maybe you're looking forward to going for an early morning swim at the beach, in which case you'll need a beach suburb.

Edited by Marisawright

Hi guys,

We are both young professionals- no kids or animals.

ill be working and my partner won’t for the first few months so we want to be close enough to shops etc. However we do LOVE the idea of being able to get to a beach!

We’d be renting not buying with a budget of $4000 a month (although everything seems to be per week!)

Someone we know mentioned East Fremantle? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/04/2018 at 14:04, Movingin2months eepp! said:

Hi guys,

We are both young professionals- no kids or animals.

ill be working and my partner won’t for the first few months so we want to be close enough to shops etc. However we do LOVE the idea of being able to get to a beach!

We’d be renting not buying with a budget of $4000 a month (although everything seems to be per week!)

Someone we know mentioned East Fremantle? 

Pretty much anywhere around Fremantle is a great spot.  Like anywhere it can have the odd dodgy place but it's really limited to a few streets in White Gum Valley and Hilton.  East Fremantle is uniformly good as are South and North Fremantle and Fremantle itself. All close to the beach, easy access into Perth and Freo is the most characterful and vibrant part of this great metropolis but then I'm biased because I live there.

You should be able to get a good rental for $4000 a month no problem.  We've got a nice old 2 bed stone cottage right in Fremantle that we rent out for $515 a week and that's in a really good position, close to all the cafes and everything.  Shame you're not here right now as our tenants have just moved out so it's coming back on the market again.   We've just checked out the opposition and it looks like there are a few other decent places around in a similar price range so I'm sure you won't have a problem.

Good luck with the move over and I hope it all goes well for you.

Cheers

Baggy

• Like 1