Sunshine coast

Happybunny44

Hi! 

After some advice on where to live in QLD. I’ve possibly got a job in Burpengary, I’m living in London at the minute but I’m over city life and would love to live close to the beach. I’m in my 30s, single and would be moving there alone. The Sunshine Coast looks beautiful but I’m worried it’s going to be too quiet and that I won’t meet people to make friends with. Not sure whether to look for jobs on the GC instead? 

1 hour ago, Happybunny44 said:

Hi! 

After some advice on where to live in QLD. I’ve possibly got a job in Burpengary, I’m living in London at the minute but I’m over city life and would love to live close to the beach. I’m in my 30s, single and would be moving there alone. The Sunshine Coast looks beautiful but I’m worried it’s going to be too quiet and that I won’t meet people to make friends with. Not sure whether to look for jobs on the GC instead? 

I think you have to consider distances between places and the roads that connect places, you need to do some google imaging to get a feel for places, GC is very touristy and also at the same time a retirement destination, Burpengary? Well you might want to check it out on google images to get a feel for it and consider that there is really only one road N to S and look at Cabbolture? Images, you need to get your head around the size of towns in Oz and think about what they can offer you, lots of places are just suburbs offering cheap housing and people work in the major towns or in Brisbane.

GC used to have a crime and drug problem, don’t know how bad it is now and housing was pretty expensive and poor quality when my son was living there.

The Sunshine Coast is lovely but I am biased as I live there. Plenty going on, but quieter than the Gold Coast.

Lots of sports and clubs  here to join and make friends. My son came here in his early 30's and had no problem making good friends, he was studying at the local university, but not all his friends were studying. He loves it here and would live here instantly if there was a job.

The journey to Caboolture turn off takes 30 mins on a clear run, but can be very bad if there is an accident.

1 hour 15 mins to central Brisbane again on a clear run, so practical if you want to go to the theatre.

Beautiful beaches.