AASW International Qualifications Assessment

Dai87

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to add a post having received a positive assessment from the AASW. Prior to submitting my application I found many posts that were not positive (from a number of sites) about having a 2 year Masters in Social Work assessed and this led to some disappointment/worry whilst I waited for the reply. Anyway I have had my positive assessment thanks to the Masters being considered alongside my non-related BA in English Lit. Hopefully if someone is in a similar situation this may ease some worries :)

I also want to add that I have found this site very helpful and is my go to resource when I think of an emigration question.

Thanks,

Dai  

• Like 1

Thanks for posting. AASW are willing to consider qualifications on a case by case basis. Social Work undergraduate diplomas can even be considered, but the amount of supporting paperwork in such cases dramatically increases as a result.

By the way, as an aside, we've received notification from AASW regarding some of our applicants to say that assessment times are stretching to 20 weeks+.

For those applying to AASW, don't expect a quick application, and they don't accept priority requests.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks for posting this.

AASW are currently carrying out a skills assessment for me and I similarly have a fairly unrelated undergraduate degree (Primary education) and a 2 year masters degree in social work. The date that the clock started for me was 24th Nov 2017 and they quoted me a 20-25 week wait. SUCH a long process!! Hoping to have it back sometime in May.

Fantastic news on your positive skills assessment and good luck with the rest of the journey for you :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bother you again, just wondering- did AASW email you to say they had received everything in the early days? I submitted my application on 9/11/2017 and they emailed me back on 24/11 to say they had got everything and taken my payment. So I’m counting from the 24th as my start date.....just wondering if you had similar.

Looked at your dates and that’s was just over 28 weeks for a wait for you!! I’m chewing my own arm off and I’m only at the 20 week mark! 

I didn't hear anything from them about my assessment except when their estimated time frames increased from 18 weeks to 25 weeks.

I'm using an agent and it's fair to say I was becoming really impatient and then all of a sudden confirmation and certificates/letters arrive via email and then post. 

Sorry to bother you again, just wondering- did AASW email you to say they had received everything in the early days? I submitted my application on 9/11/2017 and they emailed me back on 24/11 to say they had got everything and taken my payment. So I’m counting from the 24th as my start date.....just wondering if you had similar.

Looked at your dates and that’s was just over 28 weeks for a wait for you!! I’m chewing my own arm off and I’m only at the 20 week mark! 

3 hours ago, Dai87 said:

I didn't hear anything from them about my assessment except when their estimated time frames increased from 18 weeks to 25 weeks.

I'm using an agent and it's fair to say I was becoming really impatient and then all of a sudden confirmation and certificates/letters arrive via email and then post. 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Yes im using an agent too- did you hear of the positive assessment from your agent or did AASW email you directly? 

Hopr your visa application is going well now you are at that stage- more waiting I’m sure but fingers crossed it’s not too long or painful! 

Thanks again ?

The agent emailed me on the same day they received the positive assessment with copies attached.  The AASW have since been in touch directly about membership, free until the end of their membership year and then discounted for 2 years after. 

Hope you hear back soon, it is a massive relief to get the positive assessment :) 

• 1 month later...
On 13/04/2018 at 12:04, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Yes im using an agent too- did you hear of the positive assessment from your agent or did AASW email you directly? 

Hopr your visa application is going well now you are at that stage- more waiting I’m sure but fingers crossed it’s not too long or painful! 

Thanks again ?

Hi, 

Hope your skills assessment is back now. I don't know if you are considering state sponsorship for a 190 but I thought I'd let you know that we have received an invite from NSW in just over 5 weeks. We had 65 points + 5 more for sponsorship. 

1 hour ago, Dai87 said:

Hi, 

Hope your skills assessment is back now. I don't know if you are considering state sponsorship for a 190 but I thought I'd let you know that we have received an invite from NSW in just over 5 weeks. We had 65 points + 5 more for sponsorship. 

Hi there, thank you so much for thinking of me and  letting me know about your NSW invite- we are actually planning to apply to NSW for state sponsorship as well. Really pleased to hear you have received an invite so soon....,.that’s fantastic news!!

Still nothing from AASW -  I am on week 26  going into week 27 now so I’m really hoping I hear soon. It is the longest skills assessment known to man I think!! I’m starting to get fed up now... ? 

Thanks again and good luck with the next steps.