Visitor visa for my family

Indianinoz

Hello,

Me and wife have been in Australia for more than 2 years now. We are on a PR visa.

My family from overseas wants to visit us. The initial visit will only be for a month or so. They may want to come for a longer visit of say 6-12 months in late 2018 or anytime in 2019. What tenure of visa should they go for? 3 months or 6 months or 12 months? If they take a 12 month visa but only come for a month and then again apply for a 12 month visa, would they be rejected? I have heard that once you apply for a 12 month visa, then probably its difficult to get a 12 month visa again???

The visitor visa subclass 600 is normally a multiple entry visa. So the 12 month stay is normally every time they enter Australia within the validity of the visa. Also the visa stay may be granted for 6/12 months stay but the visa may be valid for 2-3 years depending on the CO obviously. My parents applied last year and they got 3 years visa with each stay up to 3 months.