GBPAUD rate looking good

Clyde114

2 hours ago, Clyde114 said:

any view on timings to shift UK savings to AUD?

Personally, and this is just opinion, assuming the Tories don't stuff anything up, brexit is delayed by three years or more, I would expect the pound to countinue to appreciate over the next two years.

I used to stress more about this but since I did some analysis and realised that the 1,2,5 and 10 year average rate is 1.72AUD to the pound I came to realise that anything more than that is a good rate. We all just focus on the 2.5 which hasn't happened in 20 years and the 2.0 which happens a few times a decade.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

Supposed to get to 1.90+ in august and ove $2 to the £ in Jan 2019

These type of predictions are about as reliable as those that predict a hot summer or a cold winter.  They can only be based on what is known now, and we live in volatile unpredictable times with Brexit, potential trade wars, and indeed the constant threat of real wars on top of a global economy always teetering on a cliff edge.

For my part I need to move at least some of my savings from the UK sometime in the next 12 months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

These type of predictions are about as reliable as those that predict a hot summer or a cold winter.  They can only be based on what is known now, and we live in volatile unpredictable times with Brexit, potential trade wars, and indeed the constant threat of real wars on top of a global economy always teetering on a cliff edge.

For my part I need to move at least some of my savings from the UK sometime in the next 12 months.

If I was you I would just convert it to bitcoin now. And then convert bitcoin to AUD in 6 months time.

You will double your money in my estimation.

Just now, Gbye grey sky said:

Are you invested in Bitcoin?

Yes. But only a small amount. Less than 1.

But it seems to me the next bull run has started. Time to get on board.

They will be back to $20,000 by the end of the year if not a lot more.

1 minute ago, Parley said:

Yes. But only a small amount. Less than 1.

But it seems to me the next bull run has started. Time to get on board.

They will be back to $20,000 by the end of the year if not a lot more.

Too volatile for me.

It could go to $20,000 or ot could go to $1,000.  Yes, I could buy 1 but the profit would not be lifechanging and it seems like out and out gambling to me.  After all, there is no underpinning value to Bitcoin and there are many competing crypto currencies out there.

Just now, Gbye grey sky said:

Too volatile for me.

It could go to $20,000 or ot could go to $1,000.  Yes, I could buy 1 but the profit would not be lifechanging and it seems like out and out gambling to me.  After all, there is no underpinning value to Bitcoin and there are many competing crypto currencies out there.

There is underpinning value actually.

There is no real underpinning value in a pound note with the Queen's face on it. The Bank of England can decide to print billions more on a whim.

Bitcoin on the other hand has a fixed supply which can never increase coupled with demand that will increase exponentially in coming years.

I do own other cryptos also including Ethereum but Bitcoin will remain the top one I believe.

2 minutes ago, Parley said:

There is underpinning value actually.

There is no real underpinning value in a pound note with the Queen's face on it. The Bank of England can decide to print billions more on a whim.

Bitcoin on the other hand has a fixed supply which can never increase coupled with demand that will increase exponentially in coming years.

I do own other cryptos also including Ethereum but Bitcoin will remain the top one I believe.

But who determines how many Bitcoin are in existence and what is their motivation?  And why will demand increase exponentially.  It has all the hallmarks of a bubble or some sort of pyramid scheme in which vast fortunes are made by some on the way up but late arrivals lose everything.

2 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

But who determines how many Bitcoin are in existence and what is their motivation?  And why will demand increase exponentially.  It has all the hallmarks of a bubble or some sort of pyramid scheme in which vast fortunes are made by some on the way up but late arrivals lose everything.

Do some research and you may realise that cannot be true.

The whole premise of bitcoin and other applications is that they are decentralised. The supply is locked in. The maximum there will ever be is 21 million.

If you own just 1 bitcoin you will be in a very select club. I'm still kicking myself for not buying in 2013 when I first considered it and they were $130 then.

If you can afford to I would just buy 1 in case you are wrong and they do indeed go to $500,000 or $5M as so many think they will.

2 hours ago, Parley said:

The whole premise of bitcoin and other applications is that they are decentralised. The supply is locked in. The maximum there will ever be is 21 million.

If you own just 1 bitcoin you will be in a very select club. I'm still kicking myself for not buying in 2013 when I first considered it and they were $130 then.

If you can afford to I would just buy 1 in case you are wrong and they do indeed go to $500,000 or $5M as so many think they will.

This sort of research?

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/it-makes-no-sense-former-paypal-ceo-says-bitcoin-is-the-greatest-scam-in-history/news-story/3ab1193c520f6eba1dafa1100e144726

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2018 at 07:43, Gbye grey sky said:

agreed! I keep my eye closely on site such as this one trying to work out any rhyme or reason to the market https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/aud

what I've noticed is every currency change is reported but never really predicted, I have now set goals with my forex broker who call me when the rate is reached,  which is preferable to watching the skittish market change on a daily basis...

23 hours ago, Parley said:

Obviously it threatens his whole business model and livelihood and he is extremely worried.

What business model?

He is former CEO of Paypal and now runs a wealth management company.  This company could have easy synergy with an apparent wealth creation vehicle.

Not saying he is right or wrong but he makes valid points.  It was you that recommended research and due diligence but I admit that I have a natural antipathy towards ‘get rich quick’ schemes in general and if I had been one of those people who bought in for the first time at the end of 2017 I would have lost half of my money as of now and would be fretting.

3 hours ago, Clyde114 said:

agreed! I keep my eye closely on site such as this one trying to work out any rhyme or reason to the market https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/aud

what I've noticed is every currency change is reported but never really predicted, I have now set goals with my forex broker who call me when the rate is reached,  which is preferable to watching the skittish market change on a daily basis...

What I have observed is that almost all predictions mirror the curent movement in much the same way as a hot spring day heralds newspaper speculation about a long hot summer.

I think your tactic is the right one and, given that brokers are keen to do the deal this is a good tactic for securing the best possible rate particularly if there is a brief spike in the currency taking it to your goal.

Edited by Gbye grey sky
  • Thanks 1

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:18, Parley said:

The supply is locked in you are right there. Unfortunately the demand is not locked in and could disappear at any time.

On 4/27/2018 at 20:08, Samson said:

Well the Pound/Aud had a hit today. Was hoping the news would be better and the BoE would rasie the rates in May would bring the Pound higher but looks like we may go down to lows 1.80 now.

Yep the momentum was good, fingers crossed for better things for Q2!