My partner and I have been advised it's better to go over on a whv as we are still of the age to  apply for one. I plan on going to Australia in October, two weeks before I turn 31. If I leave Australia when I'm 31 can I still re enter Australia even though I'll be 31?

Thanks 

Posted (edited)

Better than what?    A WHV is just that, a working holiday visa.   It will get you a year's stay in Australia, or two years if you're willing to do some rural work for a few weeks.  You shouldn't see it as a path to migration.   It's a great idea if you're young enough to do it, because it lets you discover whether Australia is for you - but don't imagine you're going to come over, find an employer to sponsor you, and stay.   It very very rarely works like that.

If I've misunderstood your statement, please disregard!

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Posted (edited)

Better to go over and see if we like it - my partner is in the process of having his skills etc assessed so we can apply for a visa over there if we like it enough to stay

He's a chef and already been offered sponsorship however he' likes to move about to much to take it 

Thanks 

Edited by Cameron2310