funny place names in oz and the uk !!

Guest roma 1

Guest roma 1

thanks mrs tyke,

mount buggery now that is a good name!!!!!!! quoll i think that might beat my funny name yet to post on here!!!!

i am still trying to think of some more,

gail x

Guest cantwait

Hi

There was a similar thread on here a while ago and it turned into some kind of 'knob' obsession!!! There was Yorkies Knob and Bald Knob, but I can remember any others at the moment. I think they are both in Queensland.

Karen

X

Guest roma 1

hi karen,

you are right. The place name i found this morning was Bald Knob!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine living there? It is in Queensland.

You would have to have a good sense of humour i think to put that on your address cards!!!

gail x:v_SPIN:

Guest austibeach

There is a Bum's Bay up on the Gold Coast, now that really is a place to live. :cute:

Eric.

Guest thedooners

there's a pishwanton wood near me in east lothian and Spott village and a little spott near me in scotland :biglaugh:

thedooners

Guest Angelcake

Anyone know the Wallops near Aldershot? Lower Wallop, Middle Wallop and Upper Wallop!

Also in Sydney there's a suburb called Greystaines - yuk!

Quoll, you came up with some corkers!! Mount Buggery is a classic!!

Angelcake

My favourite UK funny name - apart from the iconic Six Mile Bottom of course is Nempnett Thrubwell. If I couldnt live in 6MB then it would be NT - quite close to Catbrain. Failing that I wouldnt mind Great Snoring or Giggleswick or perhaps Prickwillow.

My favourite UK funny name - apart from the iconic Six Mile Bottom of course is Nempnett Thrubwell. If I couldnt live in 6MB then it would be NT - quite close to Catbrain. Failing that I wouldnt mind Great Snoring or Giggleswick or perhaps Prickwillow.

You get better and better, Quoll - surely whoever was in charge of naming Nempnett Thrubwell had had more sherbets at the naming ceremony than was good for him!! Perhaps it was meant to be called something altogether more sober...

PS Giggleswick is near me...

Mrs Tyke x

Guest cantwait

I believe Fanny Bay is in Darwin. There is also a place called Wet Beaver Creek but I can't remember where that is. It might be NSW.

Karen

X

LOL I will be visiting there early August - Rathmell actually. Am so looking forward to it - expect some good Wensleydale to be on the menu from just down the road as well. With a couple of casks of Banrock Station we should be set for a few nights!

Guest Guest9973
You get better and better, Quoll - surely whoever was in charge of naming Nempnett Thrubwell had had more sherbets at the naming ceremony than was good for him!! Perhaps it was meant to be called something altogether more sober...

Mrs Tyke x

And Blubberhouses!!!!

Locally we have Myponga ( which has a sewage outlet nearby to add to the ambience).

Pooraka up north.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest The Pom Queen

Ok you have Ramsbottom in Lancashire.

In Berwick, Victoria you have Ernest Wanke Road:biglaugh:

Guest The Baggo's

Hooker Blvd??? Broadbeach, Qld

Who would want to live there - maybe Hugh Grant???

Guest sheena

where i used to live in cornwall there was a place not far from us called sandy balls !! (i kid you not!) and in cumbria there was cockermouth!!

sheena :cute:

Guest austibeach

For all your "bottoms" in Australia look no further than Tasmania. There are a whole host of them down there.

Tom's Bottom

Ben's Bottom

Stumpy's Bottom

Mother Brown's Bottom......and so they go on.

But my favourites are :-

Round Bottom

Lovely Bottom and

Deep Bottom.

Now I know which one I would prefer as my address.........and it ain't the last one :smile:

Eric.

Guest roma 1

hi all,

thanks for all your great and funny place names,

it is good to have a giggle and not get "too heavy"

love gail x:v_SPIN:

Archived