Advice on state sponsorship

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before. I would like as much information regarding what is involved in applying for state sponsorship. I already have EOI in for 189 with 60 points since July 2017 and 489 family sponsorship with 75 points since Jan 2018. I am using a migration agent but am wondering if I should put in a state sponsorship EOI also? What is involved in state sponsorship and how long would I be looking at waiting for ITA? I am a registered nurse with 1.5 years experience so am degree trained. Looking to get to Perth ASAP with husband and 3 kids, one of which is due to start senior school in September. 

Edited by louwilkins

Thanks for replying. I have been looking at jobs for the last 6 months or so. Many have passed me by as I continue to wait for ITA. I understand it is very competitive for nurses in WA which understandably makes me anxious but I believe I am good at what I do and hope that stands me in good stead for any future employer. Its all very daunting but I do not mind what aspect of nursing I do to begin with once we get there. 

State sponsorship either 190 or 489 requires a separate application directly to the relevant state through their migration site. One your nomination is approved, you will receive an automatic visa invitation. The hardship with this process is that the nomination applications are hand pick by the state going by your occupation and skill level. So if your occupation is not in demand then its unlikely to receive nomination quickly.