Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Captain Roberto

Transferring funds form house sale to Australia

Recommended Posts

Hi All


It's been quite some time since I've been on here. We have been in Australia now for nearly 3 years, and have sold our UK home. The sales completes in a few days, and we don't really know the best way to move our money over here. Obviously it would be good to not pay any more taxes and charges than necessary!

We do have a financial adviser in Sydney, but we feel they are always trying to sell us in to some kind of thing that profits them. We can understand why this might be, but we'd feel more comfortable knowing how this all works before making decisions.

I'm pretty sure this kind of thing will have been asked before on here. We currently don't know much about this, as we have never sold a house and moved the money to Australia before. Any advoce and tips would be gratefully received.


Many thanks



Moved to Sydney.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Matthew


Regards transferring money then typically using a forex company is the way to go John from Moneycorp would be worth chatting too about your options here.

With regards to your Financial Planner, if you want a second opinion on their advice then happy to assist, just let me know.



Edited by Andrew from Vista Financial

Financial Adviser (FPA Member AFP ®) Specialising in UK Expat Advice and Pension Transfers / AR-322874 /AFSL-234951

SMSF Accredited Adviser / UK SIPP Authorised Adviser 

Director  - Vista Financial Services – www.vistafs.com.au 08 8381 7177


Please note that my advice is general advice only and professional financial advice should be sought for your own personal situation.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Matthew.

Are you submitting a Non Resident CGT return with HM Revenue upon the sale of your UK property?

Please let me know if you would like to discuss this: http://www.collettandco.com/

More info:

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used TransferWise many times to bring over large sums of money from uk  to Au. Excellent rates , take a look 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now