Medical for E-Visitor Visa 651

MOssy453

Hello, looking for some urgent advice!

My travel agent messed up my ETA so I was advised to apply for an e-visitor. The department subsequently asked for a whole heap of stuff; intentions whilst in Aus, 3 months bank statements, letter from my employer and then the next day a medical and chest x-ray. Everything has been submitted today so they'll receive it tomorrow (Friday).

The back story is that I had applied for a spouse visa back in 2014. I also have crohns disease which meant that I failed the health requirements and was about to start proceedings to appeal this when I found out i was pregnant and my partner and I moved to the UK. I then decided to withdraw my spouse visa application as we would be in the UK for the foreseeable. They told me that I'd have no problems going back to Aus as a visitor, and this was the case when we took our little boy back to visit family at Christmas 2016.

Being that this visit was fine, I only applied for my ETA/e-visitor last week and have had this stressful situation ensue. 

I understand that my crohns wouldn't be covered if I was to live in Aus (and in no way am I planning to!), but surely this is extensive for a visitors visa? For which I have current travel insurance which covers it in it's entirety. 

My question is, can the medical be processed by the department and the visa issued in a day? Is it possible? I am due to fly on Saturday, and cannot afford to pay the extortionate change fees at this busy time, on top of the unexpected medical and chest x-ray I paid for yesterday.

Thanks for any advice.

I wouldn't have used a travel agent to apply for an ETA.  It's usually a pretty simple online application and you have the visa within about an hour.  A travel agent is unlikely to have enough knowledge or expertise to represent you properly.  But what's done is done.

It's possible for DoHA to process the application quickly but whether they will depends on their workload, where your application sits in the queue, whether they will ask for further information, etc.  Unfortunately all you can do is wait and hope.

Thanks Maggie. I actually work for Flight Centre myself but aren’t familiar with our new systems so got a colleague to do it for me! So frustrating. 

The status of the medical report has changed to cleared, but now says a co will investigate the case in line with published waiting times...which is one business day. I’m pretty confident nothing will happen again now until Monday. So disappointing (and expensive!)