Hairdresser Skills assessment - Query

Aww thankyou, yes there’s me my husband and 2 kids, we originally tried for the 190 but there not giving them out for some reason, they offered us the 489, then you can apply for pr after 2 years if you have stuck to the condition of the 489 visa, I know it’s cost us a fortune but I’m hoping it’ll be worth every penny

Hi fliss
Yeah my agent mentioned it could happen but she said it’s worth a try , we are going to Darwin in the Northern Territory, where are you hoping to end up ? Have you got family in oz?
I struggled with the speaking every time! It seems crazy as I’m a native English girl but I just froze and my nerves got the better of me, got 7 and above In the other modules every time! Anyways 3rd time lucky I passed.

Hi ? Yes It's the NT I am applying for. I have no family. But lots of friends in Sydney and Melbourne. So eventually I will move to Melbourne. Haha, 5 year plan. Aww, yes I have been watching what to do with he speaking. I under stand you have 1 minute to prep and then 3 minutes to talk? Is that right? And I have seen on a You Tube channel to say something about the past, the present and the future. This is a good outline to speak with. It feel so good to be talking to some one that has recently gone through what I'm going through. Not many of my friends get how stressful it is or how the unknown is nerving. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2018 at 23:45, Fliss said:

Hi ? Yes It's the NT I am applying for. I have no family. But lots of friends in Sydney and Melbourne. So eventually I will move to Melbourne. Haha, 5 year plan. Aww, yes I have been watching what to do with he speaking. I under stand you have 1 minute to prep and then 3 minutes to talk? Is that right? And I have seen on a You Tube channel to say something about the past, the present and the future. This is a good outline to speak with. It feel so good to be talking to some one that has recently gone through what I'm going through. Not many of my friends get how stressful it is or how the unknown is nerving. Haha.

My wife is sitting the IELTS next Saturday. She's quite nervous. Her English is excellent, she's well spoken, intelligent and has always used good grammar and corrects me when i'm wrong but when you start doing research it's quite daunting. We need 8's really to get to 75 points so there's a certain pressure to do it which sucks. We too are targetting Darwin. Not hairdressers i just found this thread when i searched Northern Territory!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, how did you wife test go? I know she won't find out for a couple of weeks will she? I passed my Hairdressing Technical Interview and now booking my English test which I can't do until 1st Dec due to lack of availability where I'm now living. Hope all is well.

• 4 weeks later...

@lewisant48 I'm leaving this last minute. I have my IELTS test in about 3/4 hours. I've been revising but any chance you or your wife can give me heads up on the questions that were asked? Mine may be different but you just never know. How did she go? Any luck on passing? Hope you and your family are well 🙂

[mention=266600]lewisant48[/mention] I'm leaving this last minute. I have my IELTS test in about 3/4 hours. I've been revising but any chance you or your wife can give me heads up on the questions that were asked? Mine may be different but you just never know. How did she go? Any luck on passing? Hope you and your family are well [emoji846]

There’s loads of good videos on YouTube relating to IELTS including some very good tips for reading paper.

On 09/11/2018 at 17:23, Fliss said:

@lewisant48 I'm leaving this last minute. I have my IELTS test in about 3/4 hours. I've been revising but any chance you or your wife can give me heads up on the questions that were asked? Mine may be different but you just never know. How did she go? Any luck on passing? Hope you and your family are well 🙂

I'm really sorry, i've only just seen these posts! How did you do?? My wife passed with a couple of 9s and 8.5s so that was good news!

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, 

I know this is an old thread. 

I was wondering if anyone is preparing for a VETASSESS skills assessment and what they're using to prepare for the interview. 

Also, if anyone has ALREADY sat the interview, what questions were they asked? 

Thanks in advance to whoever will help! 

Have a good day. 

Angelo