Police check for country where I only lived for 5 months?

Guest Cristina

Guest Cristina

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could give me advice about something related to my visa application process or if anybody has had similar experiences and could share their views?

We applied for 189 visa on 22nd December with front loaded documentation and haven't heard from the HA Department yet. I have recently seen that the processing times are getting longer and longer and that people keep getting contacted for unusual documentation or unusual checks. I have heard (and also read in this forum) of a number of cases where people have recently been asked to provide a police check for countries where they have lived for less than a year, even though the guidance in the HA website clearly says that you only need to provide police checks for places where you have lived for 1 year or longer. In my case, I have lived in 3 countries: Spain, Italy and UK. However, I only provided police checks for Spain and UK because I only lived in Italy for 5 months. But now I am starting to wonder whether they might request the police check for Italy too. I am assessing what to do because I really want to avoid CO contact (which could ptentially delay my grant by 3-4 months based on the current time scales?) and I am full of questions and doubts. I can order the police check by post, that is not a problem. However, if I upload it now into my Immi Account, 3 months after the lodgement, will that have an impact on my position in the queue? Will I go back to the queue with the March cases because that is when I submitted my last document?

Can somebody shed some light please? I would be very grateful for your comments.

Thank you.

Guest The Pom Queen

@Richard Gregan would be the best to ask. If it was me I’d probably apply for the police check now and then if they do come back and ask for further information you should have it back and be able to send it immediately.

Hi all, I’d be interested in the answer to this too. I’m also wondering whether adding more documents now would put us back in the queue. We applied for 190 in the middle of January and did the medicals a few days later as there was a tab on our application to do this (which now says medical clearance provided or similar). So all that’s missing from our application currently are the police documents.

Our application status still says ‘received’, so presumably hasn’t been looked at yet. Is it really true that attaching more documents sends you to the back of the queue?

hoping for answers!

10 hours ago, justme said:

Hi all, I’d be interested in the answer to this too. I’m also wondering whether adding more documents now would put us back in the queue. We applied for 190 in the middle of January and did the medicals a few days later as there was a tab on our application to do this (which now says medical clearance provided or similar). So all that’s missing from our application currently are the police documents.

Our application status still says ‘received’, so presumably hasn’t been looked at yet. Is it really true that attaching more documents sends you to the back of the queue?

hoping for answers!

no its not true