We love Australia

adamlauraethan

Hi all we just landed in Brisbane 1 week ago and are now on the Gold coast(Miami)

What an amazing place such lovely places and friendly people nothing like Bach home (dull and grey Manchester)

Even the rain is better over here [emoji23]

We are considering the prospect of relocating over so asking if anybody can recommend a very good recruitment person who has high end contacts in the luxury management sector for the Mrs and I’m a bathroom fitter so tilling-plumbing-joiner or builder who can offer advise I would

Love to spend a day with a tradesman see what the actual work life is like especially in this heat if anyone had

Local contact on the Gold or Sunshine Coast we are here for another couple off weeks and would also love to meet up with any ex pat families to share they’re experiences and offer advice?

Thanks Adam Laura & Ethan

• Like 2

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Adam, Laura and Ethan,

How long are you here for? I can probably put you in touch with an ex joiner (he has just gone in to insurance work) but he could give you an idea. Most seem to be self employed so work wise you may be looking at setting up on your own. Have you had a look at the visa process and who would be the main applicant? 

‘Unfortunately we are a little too far out to meet up but hopefully some one will get in touch.

To obtain a visa to work in Australia one of you will need to have a skill on this list:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl

Then you will need to check out whether your skills meet the levels required and which visa you may be eligible for   (not all occupations = all visas).   Further information here:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists 

Guest The Pom Queen
4 hours ago, adamlauraethan said:

We have 2 more weeks left 1 on the Gold Coast 1 in noosa till easter
Thanks for the reply
Is the joiner an expat ?
I’d be glad to meet him give him a hand for a day

Noosa is lovely, you will love it there.

No he isn’t an expat he worked on our house in Townsville and moved to Brisbane the same time as we did. 

There is another gentleman who came out to do a quote on some disability mods in our bathroom and he was saying he struggled for workers, but he came out from Toowoomba so it may be too far for you this time.