netneo21

Accountant - Work experience

Hi all,

Just new to here. I got positive assessment from CPA for General Accountant (did not ask CPA to assess work experience) But I have more than 9 years working experience including 14 month in big four as an auditor. My question is will these 14 months consider as highly related to General Accountant work experience? 

Thanks.

Neo

5 minutes ago, wrussell said:

What sort of auditor, internal or external?

External in PWC

1 hour ago, Richard Gregan said:

Accountant is 2211, and Auditor (internal and external) is 2212, so Auditor wouldn't be classed as closely related employment for visa purposes.

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Do you have any similar case that failed as accountant work experience?

Neo

It is not the job title that is assessed, but the duties undertaken.

Would it be possible to obtain a skills assessnmment for the occupation in which employment was undertaken?

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

52 minutes ago, wrussell said:

Would it be possible to obtain a skills assessnmment for the occupation in which employment was undertaken?

Yes, I could ask another assessment for employment from CPA, but DIBP normally only takes skills assessment as a proof. 

Neo

7 hours ago, Stayorgo said:

Also bear in mind that experience only counts post qualification. 

all work experience was post qualification.

57 minutes ago, wrussell said:

I would say job tasks that I did in PwC  were much more related to accountant, but just the title was auditor as it is very common career path for accounting graduates to join a big 4 as the first job.

You may want to approach your skills assessment authority and ask them to do an employment assessment for points test advice - the aim being for them to recognise your work as Accountant.

Regards,

Richard

Richard Gregan Registered Migration Agent 9905168, MIA 880

www.overseas-emigration.co.uk

Direct telephone 0131 625 6900

Richard@my-oe.com

I got a skills assessment as general accountant that included big 4 experience when working in external audit when they looked at employment as I got that assessed to and was all deemed relevant and closely linked. 

9 hours ago, Gillycraig said:

I got a skills assessment as general accountant that included big 4 experience when working in external audit when they looked at employment as I got that assessed to and was all deemed relevant and closely linked. 

Hi Gilly, 

Thanks for replying. Just want to ask, what is the job title you wrote when you were doing the skills assessment? Is it just external audit or others? Also have you used it to submit for EOI? Cause I understand DIBP has its own standard, it might not take employment assessment from any entities. 

Cheers

I just used ‘manager’ and it’s against a big 4 auditor along with all the job descriptions etc. From what I understand as long as the employment assessment comes from the same body doing the skills assessment it should be fine. I’d be very surprised if DIBP said it wasn’t relevant experience but the assessing authority did. Yep used it for the EOI as I needed to be sure we were ok for 80 points and needed the work experience. Will see what happens when an invite comes through.