Electronic Instrument trades worker (general) 190 NSW

HELLO everyone

I got my second assessment outcome for the hope to be invited for 190 NSW for the occupation electronic instrument trades worker (general) 342314 on 6th march and submitted an eoi for nsw 190 visa. my previous assessment was electronic instrument trades worker (special class) 342315 that wasn't on the NSW list. I am claiming 60+5 points, (having pte academic +65 score). this is about 2 weeks I am waiting to be invited for nsw but a little I am disappointed !!! do you think I should try for pte academic +79 that is somehow difficult for me or wait for more? how likely am I going to be invited? is there anyone with the same occupation and points?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same occupation. Electronic Instrument Trades Worker. I want to apply for the 190 Visa  as well and was wondering how long it would take... 

But at the moment I prepare all papers for the Skill Assessment, could you give me an advice for a positive outcome?

Did you used an agent? 

Do you have 60 points with the points from NSW or without?

Regards Stefan

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I applied for NSW back in March and was picked up on my 190 for the same trade and am currently in the process of completing the visa as they requested more information in relation to a form 90 so have yet to get the out come.

I am an EX RAF Avionic tech and getting a positive trade assessment was pretty easy for me.  I took IELTS 3 times and always failed to get the required score. I then took PTE Academic and failed on the Spoken section, however, I then learnt how to do the spoken section and Passed with scores in the 80 to 90 region.  If English is your first language then PTE Academic is easy once you learn the system. IELTS is very subjective as its marked by a person and I had some very random scores for written being dyslexic.  I initially applied for New Zealand and took IELTS in the UK in a region I am from so the examiners knew the English as English (the Queens), however, if you take it in other countries you my find they are using the American version.  PTE is all electronically marked so if you know how to do things it is very easy and use American English.  You do need a good memory though for the spoken and listening part.  My recommendation is try to get the highest score possible as this is one of the thing they do look at.  Though you scored overall is +65 equivalent to 7.0 in IELTS is good but really the more points you have the better as you will be looked at sooner.

I got selected by NSW for a 190 within a couple of weeks of expressing interest and as I had all my documents (Certified) ready they responded very quickly.  You then wait to be invited to apply for your 190.  (Make sure you put the correct information on you expression of interest) As for processing time, these do vary from application to application and how many are in process just keep an eye on the web site.

As for a positive outcome for TRA depends on the documents supplied, work experience and other factors.  You will be requested to have an interview in which case read up on the areas you think you may not know, Also include Health and safety though you should really be doing this day in and day out.  The interview will be conducted in English and depending where you are my be a video call with a lecturer at a academic institution.  If you need to conduct a practical you would have to attend a specified location.  I myself only had to attend a interview.  Its basic questions cover what things are (electronic symbols) AC and DC amps, rectifiers etc. and health and safety. Though they do try and concentrate on specific areas.  If you don't know just say that and the interviewer may give you hints depending how you have been answering the questions to jolt your memory. 

Try Not to use an agent unless they are actually listed by the immi department and are registered.  To be honest anyone who needs an agent should really look at whether they should be applying if English is you first language.

Regards

Z

• Congratulations 1

• 5 months later...

Hie Zad. I want to have an assessment done through TRA so I can apply for the Skilled Independant Visa 189  but my trade is not listed on the occupations. I am a Control and Instrumentation Technician and the closest profession to mine that is listed is Electronic Equipment Trades worker. Does this apply to Electronics Instruments Trades Worker as well?

Regards

Chiedza

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/08/2018 at 07:31, Zad the Mad said:

Hi,

I applied for NSW back in March and was picked up on my 190 for the same trade and am currently in the process of completing the visa as they requested more information in relation to a form 90 so have yet to get the out come.

I am an EX RAF Avionic tech and getting a positive trade assessment was pretty easy for me.  I took IELTS 3 times and always failed to get the required score. I then took PTE Academic and failed on the Spoken section, however, I then learnt how to do the spoken section and Passed with scores in the 80 to 90 region.  If English is your first language then PTE Academic is easy once you learn the system. IELTS is very subjective as its marked by a person and I had some very random scores for written being dyslexic.  I initially applied for New Zealand and took IELTS in the UK in a region I am from so the examiners knew the English as English (the Queens), however, if you take it in other countries you my find they are using the American version.  PTE is all electronically marked so if you know how to do things it is very easy and use American English.  You do need a good memory though for the spoken and listening part.  My recommendation is try to get the highest score possible as this is one of the thing they do look at.  Though you scored overall is +65 equivalent to 7.0 in IELTS is good but really the more points you have the better as you will be looked at sooner.

I got selected by NSW for a 190 within a couple of weeks of expressing interest and as I had all my documents (Certified) ready they responded very quickly.  You then wait to be invited to apply for your 190.  (Make sure you put the correct information on you expression of interest) As for processing time, these do vary from application to application and how many are in process just keep an eye on the web site.

As for a positive outcome for TRA depends on the documents supplied, work experience and other factors.  You will be requested to have an interview in which case read up on the areas you think you may not know, Also include Health and safety though you should really be doing this day in and day out.  The interview will be conducted in English and depending where you are my be a video call with a lecturer at a academic institution.  If you need to conduct a practical you would have to attend a specified location.  I myself only had to attend a interview.  Its basic questions cover what things are (electronic symbols) AC and DC amps, rectifiers etc. and health and safety. Though they do try and concentrate on specific areas.  If you don't know just say that and the interviewer may give you hints depending how you have been answering the questions to jolt your memory. 

Try Not to use an agent unless they are actually listed by the immi department and are registered.  To be honest anyone who needs an agent should really look at whether they should be applying if English is you first language.

Regards

Z