You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Pom Queen

Are review sites good or bad?

Thinking of the Irish family who put glass in their meals and blackmailed the owners to give them free food and drinks or they would bad mouth them on the Internet.

Its not the first time this as happened, where my son use to work in Townsville someone left a negative review saying they couldn’t eat their fish and their partner couldn’t eat their steak and they posted on TripAdvisor expecting a free meal, however, they came a little unstuck as the cctv footage was reviewed and not only did the waitress ask them if everything was ok they said yes and ate everything on their plate.

It seems to be getting as bad on FB you ask for a recommendation but all the replies are usually friends of the person saying how good they are and you never know what’s true or not.

Also i have witnessed business competitors slating each other’s business.

I know of a cat breeder where we recently got ours from and the woman has demanded all her money back because the cat keeps escaping from the garden, I mean what the hell, it’s a cat.

• Like 4

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

40 minutes ago, simmo said:

Another great subject.

Stop crawling

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Irish scammers strike again.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, The Pom Queen said:

I know of a cat breeder where we recently got ours from and the woman has demanded all her money back because the cat keeps escaping from the garden, I mean what the hell, it’s a cat.

:D:D 

• Like 2

I've written a few reviews on trip adviser .  I hate poor service and/or food.

• Like 1

This site gets good and bad reviews so read into that what the bigger picture portrays about review sites ?

• Like 1

Everyone of us is different, I don’t mind receiving constructive criticism pm’d to me. I don’t like people misleading others with fake reviews, for example the dog trainers one we currently picked up on. Nor do I like it when every tom dick and harry says their mate can do the job but deep down they aren’t even qualified.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Pom Queen said:

Everyone of us is different, I don’t mind receiving constructive criticism pm’d to me. I don’t like people misleading others with fake reviews, for example the dog trainers one we currently picked up on. Nor do I like it when every tom dick and harry says their mate can do the job but deep down they aren’t even qualified.

Everyone on here is a keyboard/pad story teller some we feel trusting in some don't deserve the time of day. 

• Haha 1

Read a review on the Kimberlies...Woman gave 1out of 10 because  'it was too hot'.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Haha 4

Trip advisor is ok. Have to be discerning though - some go to a three star hotel, in a tropical location and then complain they had fans not air con, for example.

Clearly they were expecting quite a lot for the price and complained when reality didn’t match their expectation. So take with a pinch of salt - and check all the reviews. If there is a significant pattern of complaints, then there may be something to it, otherwise it could just be someone who is a curmudgeon venting their spleen.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ssiri said:

Trip advisor is ok. Have to be discerning though - some go to a three star hotel, in a tropical location and then complain they had fans not air con, for example.

Clearly they were expecting quite a lot for the price and complained when reality didn’t match their expectation. So take with a pinch of salt - and check all the reviews. If there is a significant pattern of complaints, then there may be something to it, otherwise it could just be someone who is a curmudgeon venting their spleen.

We take the ... "the receptionist never smiled"  type comments with a pinch of salt .. maybe they were busy? If something was wrong and the hotel put it right then that's ok for us.  I do think that some people e.g. book 3 star and expect 5

• Like 4

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

I’ve also noticed that some hotels have different rooms, we stayed in one in America that had mixed reviews, we took the risk and it was the most disgusting room ever, it turned out they had 5 rooms that were really high standard and 10 that were rubbish. It seems if you book direct you get a nicer room in some places.