My agent messed up my RSMS application. What should I do now?

csc2018

Guest The Pom Queen

I don’t understand this if you can RPL to a Cert IV in commercial cookery or you have this already then you are classed as a chef.

A chef is someone who:

• Extensive training under a chef with the goal of gaining a culinary education similar to that of a culinary apprenticeship
• Responsibilities that include a supervisory role
• The ability to create and implement menus in a restaurant setting
• Management roles in the kitchen including the creativity and the leading role of the kitchen
• Manage a team

Where as a Cook is someone who can

• Prepare food on a daily basis
• Perform kitchen duties, as needed and directed
• Clean and wash the kitchen
• Use recipes and follow someone else’s menu plan
• Still be at the learning level of his or her career

So which of these would you class yourself under? 

Take a look here as to what a Cert IV in commercial cookery entails. http://tafebrisbane.edu.au/course/17516/certificate-iv-commercial-cookery
As i know the qualification is according to ANZSCO, the following is from ANZSCO website,

Skill Level
ANZSCO Skill Level 2 Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate
with the qualifications and experience outlined below.In AustraliaAQF Associate Degree,
Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO skilllevel 2

24 minutes ago, csc2018 said:

I'm a cook with AQF cert IV and 2.5 years work experience. This January I found a sponsor in regional QLD who is willing to give me rsms. So I asked few of my friends who already sucessfully became PR or citizens for a trustworth migration agent. They gave me the contact of this lady.

The agent who my friends highly recommanded has dealt with a lot successful applications for my friends. So I was pretty confident with her. I told her my 187 visa needs to be submitted before the end of Feb 2018 (due to the new immi laws change, I won't be eligible for rsms no more.) Then we signed the contract and I paid all the fees, I let her deal with everything with the employer. She made the nomination and visa application kicked in on time and received a bridging visa A. I was over the moon for such a relief at that time.

A week ago I saw an article in the fourm discuss how to check your application if your application is done by an agent. Curiosity kills a cat which i did. I found out the employer nominates me as a chef (on the RCB letter), but the application applied me as a cook. I didnt expected i would be sponsored as a chef due to I only have Cert IV. But if the agent would told me the owner wants to aponsor me as a chef, I could go do a RPL program to obtain my diploma before the end of Feb.

My questions are, what should I do now???

1. Get my diploma through RPL and then upload to the attachment??

2. Wait to get visa refusal???

3. Go find another RSMS sponsorship as a cook???

I just fell from Heaven down to Hell!!!!

What should I do???

Your first step must be to contact the agent and ask her to explain.

I didnt contact her because i am trying to fixed it myself. If i told her and she admits she made a mistake so need to withdraw the application. What's the harm to her??

9 minutes ago, csc2018 said:
22 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I didnt contact her because i am trying to fixed it myself. If i told her and she admits she made a mistake so need to withdraw the application. What's the harm to her??

You have to contact her because it is the  correct procedure.

1 hour ago, csc2018 said:
2 hours ago, Marisawright said:
You have to contact her because it is the  correct procedure.

Do you reckon she would fix the problem other than withdraw the application?

You say your friends highly recommended this lady.  If she is good at her job, and IF there is a way to fix it, then she will fix it.  If she is unable to fix it then you probably can't either.

20 hours ago, Richard Gregan said:

I've replied to your PM should you wish to discuss this further.

Regards,

Richard

Apparently they have the services of a RMA based in Melbourne.

But don't wish to discuss the issue with that current RMA.

A new RMA taking service unless the old RMA is terminated is not good practice.

One will assume that the old RMA had a course to respond to allegations.

Most MRA's I know never get involved in another RMA's case till the client has terminated the previous contract.

Something about RMA's being licenced deserve some respect that they operate legally and morally.

Sorry I find this post disturbing in nature on a few levels.

• Like 1

Sorry to get involved but

I’ve just realised my RMA didn’t make the changes I asked her to before lodging our PR application. So currently my National Identity Card number has been lodged on my application as the reference number of my decree absolute and the day I got divorced!!! and our contact number lodged is a number neither us or the RMA recognises! Both of these were pointed out to her prior to lodgement.Also all of the documents have been uploaded under “other documents “ not next to the relevant  title.

Not all RMA are that good at their job. In my experience. Yet our future’s are in their hands! 

A lot of people are kept in the dark and just told to wait. 

Only by checking ourselves on our Immi accounts do these mistakes or concerns arise. 

So what are the options?

Ask another professional?

Ask people on here

or trust a migration agent that’s made a mistake or three in my case? 

We’re paying them $4,500 for the privilege too.

Tried to contact her, her boss and her assistant and got three out of office replies. 

Sorry to get involved but
I’ve just realised my RMA didn’t make the changes I asked her to before lodging our PR application. So currently my National Identity Card number has been lodged on my application as the reference number of my decree absolute and the day I got divorced!!! and our contact number lodged is a number neither us or the RMA recognises! Both of these were pointed out to her prior to lodgement.Also all of the documents have been uploaded under “other documents “ not next to the relevant  title.
Not all RMA are that good at their job. In my experience. Yet our future’s are in their hands! 
A lot of people are kept in the dark and just told to wait. 
Only by checking ourselves on our Immi accounts do these mistakes or concerns arise. 
So what are the options?
Ask another professional?
Ask people on here
or trust a migration agent that’s made a mistake or three in my case? 
We’re paying them $4,500 for the privilege too.
Tried to contact her, her boss and her assistant and got three out of office replies. 

I would like to know as a victim, what should I do now? Writting an email to immi department explains I found out my RMA fuxked up my application and can they give me one more chance?? Who bears all the bills? Who carries the responsibility? Its not fair for the applicant to carry all other professional's mistakea, isn't it?

1 minute ago, csc2018 said:
16 minutes ago, samlab said:

I would like to know as a victim, what should I do now? Writting an email to immi department explains I found out my RMA fuxked up my application and can they give me one more chance?? Who bears all the bills? Who carries the responsibility? Its not fair for the applicant to carry all other professional's mistakea, isn't it?

Have you been in contact with Richard?  What did he say?

Frankly, I think you are being rather pig-headed.  You've noticed your agent made a mistake.  If the agent was not registered and you'd picked them at random, you might worry - but this is an agent who came very highly recommended.  Why, oh why are you so reluctant to contact her and ask her about the mistake?  It's the only sensible thing to do.

Frankly, I think you are being rather pig-headed.  You've noticed your agent made a mistake.  If the agent was not registered and you'd picked them at random, you might worry - but this is an agent who came very highly recommended.  Why, oh why are you so reluctant to contact her and ask her about the mistake?  It's the only sensible thing to do.
I want to know what i can do for myself before I speak to her if she wants to walk away and leave the mess to me? And is it an good idea to hand over to another RMA to clean up the mess?

I must advise you to go to your original agent and get things put right on the immi account. 

As a policy, I do not get involved in other registered agent’s active cases.  Please make an appointment and speak to your agent TODAY.

Regards,

Richard Gregan 

Edited by Richard Gregan

7 minutes ago, csc2018 said:
14 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I want to know what i can do for myself before I speak to her if she wants to walk away and leave the mess to me? And is it an good idea to hand over to another RMA to clean up the mess?

why pre-judge?   Speak to her, and IF she wants to walk away and leave the mess to you, ask her to put that in writing.  Then another RMA will be prepared to look after you.

You really must speak to her first, there is no other way.  You might find another migration agent who will agree to take over, but it won't be a reputable one because they have a code of conduct.  They will wait until you can show that you've given your current agent a chance. Right now, you're giving her no chance.

Edited by Marisawright

I must advise you to go to your original agent and get things put right on the immi account. 

As a policy, I do not get involved in other registered agent’s active cases.  Please make an appointment and speak to your agent TODAY.

Regards,

Richard Gregan 

Thank you Richard

I'll do it tomorrow mornong

why pre-judge?   Speak to her, and IF she wants to walk away and leave the mess to you, ask her to put that in writing.  Then another RMA will be prepared to look after you.
You really must speak to her first, there is no other way.  You might find another migration agent who will agree to take over, but it won't be a reputable one because they have a code of conduct.  They will wait until you can show that you've given your current agent a chance. Right now, you're giving her no chance.
I see, I think thats what I need to know. But please understand me. I've been paincing for this visa thing for long time. The money was prepared to going home has put into the last bet. And still going wrong. How frastracted I am now?

Well, tomorrow I will be contacting her and see whats happening next...

Thanks for everyones help.

12 minutes ago, csc2018 said:

I see, I think thats what I need to know. But please understand me. I've been paincing for this visa thing for long time. The money was prepared to going home has put into the last bet. And still going wrong. How frastracted I am now?

You're right, you are panicking and I understand it's a scarey situation to be in - but contacting your agent really is the first step, as everyone has been telling you.  Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...