Police checks for citizenship applications (UK, Greek and Italian)

BeeBoDee

Hi, this is my first post in a while.  I'm currently applying for citizenship and wondered at which stage the UK police checks were done?  I couldn't see anywhere on the application where this would be uploaded and I couldn't find this information on the Immi website.  I called the immigration helpline but after 55 minutes in the queue where I ended up as caller 55 (from 105!) the phone signal dropped and I thought I might have more luck here!  I'm guessing the checks from my PR visa application almost 5 years ago would be too out of date?  It also looks like I may need a Greek police check after spending 7 months there some years back and my husband an Italian one for the same reason.  Does anyone have any experience of how long these take to process?  Thanks very much in advance for any help x

On 17/03/2018 at 14:36, BeeBoDee said:

Hi, this is my first post in a while.  I'm currently applying for citizenship and wondered at which stage the UK police checks were done?  I couldn't see anywhere on the application where this would be uploaded and I couldn't find this information on the Immi website.  I called the immigration helpline but after 55 minutes in the queue where I ended up as caller 55 (from 105!) the phone signal dropped and I thought I might have more luck here!  I'm guessing the checks from my PR visa application almost 5 years ago would be too out of date?  It also looks like I may need a Greek police check after spending 7 months there some years back and my husband an Italian one for the same reason.  Does anyone have any experience of how long these take to process?  Thanks very much in advance for any help x

Are you sure you need them? This is from the citizenship website.

You need to provide a penal clearance certificate if, in the time since you were granted a permanent Australian visa:

• you lived or travelled outside Australia since the age of 18 years
  • the total time spent overseas adds up to 12 months or more.

Provide a penal clearance certificate from every country in which you spent more than 90 days.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/citi/pathways-processes/application-options/migrant-with-permanent-residence/documents