189/190 visa processing from March 2018

Yeah and I don't think anyone knows if or when they will start inviting lower points. We originally wanted to go to WA as we have good friends there but they do not sponsor for my work so we had a choice of waiting as you are or choosing SA or NSW. We have gone with SA as we have been there and stayed there for a few months and loved it.
[/
It's so hard the not knowing!! I think if we go for the 70 points and see where they are at around summer time.. I think we will know more then about the invite situation. If it comes to it we may have to look at SA.. we do have contacts there but ultimately have our hearts set on QLD. Having travelled Australia that is where we want to settle as a family. Wishing you lots of luck with the move!! Exciting times

We’re doing it through an agent for 5 of us 2 adults 3 children on 189 to Vic. Just getting all our paperwork together for the skills test. English test booked for 17/04 PTE Academic.

Sounds good! I kind of wish we were doing the 189 for the timescale but we really really want to go to QLD. Is it the first time doing an English test? My partner has done the Ielts twice and got 7s, was half a mark off getting 8's in all the sections last time! So frustrating! Was going to try PTE but it looks very different and he isn't sure it's for him. Hope all goes well with yours :)
  • Like 1

Sounds good! I kind of wish we were doing the 189 for the timescale but we really really want to go to QLD. Is it the first time doing an English test? My partner has done the Ielts twice and got 7s, was half a mark off getting 8's in all the sections last time! So frustrating! Was going to try PTE but it looks very different and he isn't sure it's for him. Hope all goes well with yours [emoji4]

Same with you hope it all goes well and you get a grant soon

On 20/03/2018 at 08:35, sarahjean said:

I submitted my EOI yesterday 19/03 with 65 points 189 visa! I'm doing it alone too, I just can't afford the lawyer fees! But it's not been too bad so far! 

Are there any other midwives here?? 

Would you mind sharing with me how you did this? When I try to start a new application through my immi account it only comes up with the New Zealand stream 189. Very frustrating as I cannot find the answer!

2 hours ago, Klaartje said:

Would you mind sharing with me how you did this? When I try to start a new application through my immi account it only comes up with the New Zealand stream 189. Very frustrating as I cannot find the answer!

Are you sure you're in the right place?   You need to submit an EOI via SkillSelect first, have you done that bit?

Does anybody have a general idea of how long it takes to recieve an invitation after submitting an expression of interest for a 189? my 457 expires in july and I put my EOI in on the 19th of March (leaving it last minute and playing with fire!). Im not worried about reciving the visa grant i jsut want to get on to the bridging visa to relive the stress!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

We are in the early stages of getting the paperwork together for our Expression of Interest and I'm already stuck! Hoping somebody can help on here as we've decided to do this without an agent.

I am looking to book my English Language test but I am unsure whether I should be booking in for the general training or academic test? I would have assumed general training but as I am applying as a secondary school teacher I'm not sure whether I would need the academic?

I am also hoping to apply for Partner Skills points (my husband is a Welder)  - would he also need to take and English test? It says online that he would need to prove his competency but I'm hoping certificates proving his education/UK passport would suffice?

Thanks in advance for any advice! 

Hi Kelly,

I’m pretty sure as a teacher you need the academic version of the ielts but dont quote me on that!

I think to claim the partner skills your husband will also need to do an English test but just general and his skills will need to be on the same list as yours and have his skills assessed by vetassess.

My husbands a welder and we’re applying for the 190 NSW, just done his skills assessment yesterday and ielts booked for Saturday, so fingers crossed for the results then our EOI will be going in the next few weeks! 

Good luck x

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KellyHastings88 said:

Hi.

We are in the early stages of getting the paperwork together for our Expression of Interest and I'm already stuck! Hoping somebody can help on here as we've decided to do this without an agent.

I am looking to book my English Language test but I am unsure whether I should be booking in for the general training or academic test? I would have assumed general training but as I am applying as a secondary school teacher I'm not sure whether I would need the academic?

I am also hoping to apply for Partner Skills points (my husband is a Welder)  - would he also need to take and English test? It says online that he would need to prove his competency but I'm hoping certificates proving his education/UK passport would suffice?

Thanks in advance for any advice! 

Not sure on which English test you need to take - I applied as an accountant and the Australian Accountancy body (CPA) website said which one I personally needed to do. Maybe check your skills assessment body website?

For partner skills my husband's UK passport sufficed - no English test required.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Submitted my EOI to nsw in November 2017, 3 weeks till invite. Visa application  mid December 2017, Case officer asked for medicals and police checks March 2018. Medicals and police checks sent to C/O 30th March 2018.......

Waiting.... waiting....... and waiting...... hope to hear something soon ?

it's the waiting that's a killer. if your December and only heard in mid march we prob won't hear until June time if it's taking 3+ months to request police clearance and medicals. that's all we need to submit too.
good luck hopefully you get a grant soon

• 3 weeks later...

CO contact today asking for colour copy of passports, nearly 3months exactly to date of lodge. picture page is black and white on passports so technically they are sent in colour. is there somewhere to explain this.
also asked for copy of over seas trade qualification which was provided already not sure why they want it again.
form 80
police clearance and medicals

• 2 weeks later...
Submitted 190 visa application on 1st march. All docs uploaded apart from medicals and police clearance. Heard nothing yet!!
Why to wait for medical and pcc..
Jusy creat a hap id and get the medical done now..
And pcc not a big deal just apply fornit and get it done as well...
And upload to immiaccount..
Do not wait for co to recomment you to proceed dear..good luck

On 20/03/2018 at 03:22, ashjames10 said:

When did you lodge your expression of interest, with how many points? we lodged on 7th feb, we have 70 points.. we was also hoping for towards the end of the year. 

On 20/03/2018 at 07:50, Luke&Nicole said:

We lodged our EOI on 4/1/18 with 65 points and got our invitation on 23/1/18

We then submitted our visa application on 1/2/18 and have heard nothing so far.

Hi which occupation and for which state u lodge u r eoi 

we waited because for personal reasons we are not under pressure to move to Australia straight away and wanted as long as possible between grant and Date of Entry. anyway at this stage all docs are uploaded and just waiting to do out health examinations as there is a delay here for an appointment. we do them 4th July so hopefully Grant before September time

Why to wait for medical and pcc..
Jusy creat a hap id and get the medical done now..
And pcc not a big deal just apply fornit and get it done as well...
And upload to immiaccount..
Do not wait for co to recomment you to proceed dear..good luck

• 3 weeks later...
Today we finally received our invite for 189 PR for QLD!! [emoji1] 
EOI - 6/2/2018 
points -70 
Electrician (general) 

Hi, congratulations!! Bet you are thrilled! This gives me hope for us.. we submitted a 189 in feb but with only 60 points.. knowing we wouldn’t get an invite with those points, my partner is due to re take ielts in 2 weeks to hopefully get the superior and take us up to 70 points ( need to get this now due to 65 points being a minimum ) we are desperate for the 189 as we have our hearts set on QLD and they are not sponsoring for plumbers (general) I really hope we can submit new EOI with 70 points in August and won’t be waiting a lifetime for an invite! ?

@Aimzwe was in the exact same position we had 60 points to start and couldn't get state sponsorship.. he took the test again and got 70.. iscah is really good for estimates of when you will receive your invite. Where in QLD are you thinking about going?  
Good Luck to your partner with the IELTS ?

This is bad news upping the points for visas. How is this fair on all the people that have accumulated points to find out that its not enough what they have. My son is in the process of applying. Only to now find he has to get his points up to at least 70 He is an air con and refrigeration engineer. His brothers all live in Aus as do we. We are concerned he may not make it.  

[mention=243175]Aimz[/mention]we was in the exact same position we had 60 points to start and couldn't get state sponsorship.. he took the test again and got 70.. iscah is really good for estimates of when you will receive your invite. Where in QLD are you thinking about going?  
Good Luck to your partner with the IELTS ?

It’s harsh isn’t it! How come you couldn’t get state sponsorship if you don’t mind me asking? I’m just hoping and praying we can get the English score to get us up to 70? we were then thinking to give it til the end of the year ( hoping we would have an invite by then ) otherwise we were goin to look into state sponsorship but this means not goin to QLD which is where my sister an family are. We want to go to Brisbane :) how about you?

@Aimz My partner is an electrician so he couldn’t get state sponsorship for QLD, we’ve been waiting for an invite since Feb with 70 points but they was only inviting 300 a round.. so we was waiting exactly 5 months! We also want to go to Brisbane I have family on the Sunshine Coast.. Just hoping to get the grant around Jan/Feb!! I’m sure you will receive an invite by the end of the year if you have 70 points! ?