189/190 visa processing from March 2018

51 minutes ago, sarahjean said:

I am just about to as well! In fact, I went to apply last night and I found that when I selected 'new application' there was no option for 189 skilled migration other than the NewZealand stream! 

Could anyone help me with that? :) 

Hi ya, have you submitted an Expression of interest via Skills Select? You can only apply for the 189 visa after being “invited” to apply

Edited by PsychNurse
Typo

Hey all, 

At the beginning of the process myself - getting everything sorted for EOI and gathering all the docs I might need. 

Haven't committed to using an agent yet but in contact with a couple. How about you guys? 

Super excited! 

Edited by AdiMac
Missing word :(

Flipping heck, yeah that's a huge investment having 6! I'm going solo so I guess luckier in that respect. Did you find it straightforward to go for it without an agent or have there been times you wished you had someone external on board? 

15 minutes ago, reubs2016 said:
25 minutes ago, Luke&Nicole said:
We submitted our application on 1st Feb with all docs execpt meds and police checks and still heard nothing as yet! the waiting is horrible!! 

Are u guys 190 or 189?

sorry we are 190 SA and have used an agent which has been fairly expensive but does take 90% of the hassle away

Edited by Luke&Nicole

we were also hoping to hear soon but now we feel that we will be lucky to hear anything for months!! although our agent has said that 30th June is end of year for processing times so they have a big push that time of year to get a load done. how true that is though I don't know. 

Flipping heck, yeah that's a huge investment having 6! I'm going solo so I guess luckier in that respect. Did you find it straightforward to go for it without an agent or have there been times you wished you had someone external on board? 
Straight forward enough 2adults and 4kids. We have all lived in oz before so know it's gonna be worth it. we went through down under centre for skills assessment as that was the trickiest part. Submitting the visa was ok however there were definitely times I wish we had somebody to lean on as even now I'm freaked over info and documents. We have invested nearly 10k so far so it's alot of money to not get a visa at the end of it.

we were also hoping to hear soon but now we feel that we will be lucky to hear anything for months!! although our agent has said that 30th June is end of year for processing times so they have a big push that time of year to get a load done. how true that is though I don't know. 
We are hoping for a sept approval as we want to go in Nov for a holiday so could activate visas then. Not sure with the processing times up at 9-12months again it's hard to tell. Not so long ago it was 4months

Just now, reubs2016 said:
2 minutes ago, Luke&Nicole said:

We are hoping for a sept approval as we want to go in Nov for a holiday so could activate visas then. Not sure with the processing times up at 9-12months again it's hard to tell. Not so long ago it was 4months

We are now also hoping for around September but even that looks bleak when you see 9-12 months on the wait time :( 

On 3/18/2018 at 11:19, AdiMac said:

Hey all, 

At the beginning of the process myself - getting everything sorted for EOI and gathering all the docs I might need. 

Haven't committed to using an agent yet but in contact with a couple. How about you guys? 

Super excited! 

What visa are you planning on applying for and with what position?  

We're not using an agent (at the moment anyway). My skills have been submitted for assessment (VETASSESS) & we have just the one document to obtain & then have them certified for my husbands experience/qualifications to be assessed (ACS). English test (ILETS) booked for this coming weekend.  Making progress at the beginning of I hope will not be a too long drawn out process! 

On 18/03/2018 at 11:34, Luke&Nicole said:

We are now also hoping for around September but even that looks bleak when you see 9-12 months on the wait time :( 

When did you lodge your expression of interest, with how many points? we lodged on 7th feb, we have 70 points.. we was also hoping for towards the end of the year. 

4 hours ago, ashjames10 said:

When did you lodge your expression of interest, with how many points? we lodged on 7th feb, we have 70 points.. we was also hoping for towards the end of the year. 

We lodged our EOI on 4/1/18 with 65 points and got our invitation on 23/1/18

We then submitted our visa application on 1/2/18 and have heard nothing so far.

We lodged our EOI on 4/1/18 with 65 points and got our invitation on 23/1/18
We then submitted our visa application on 1/2/18 and have heard nothing so far.

Hi, sorry to jump In on your post. Just wondering what visa you have gone for I saw you had been invited with 65 points pretty quickly:) it's such a Knox back when you get told you only need 60 points.. my partner gets the 60 with the ielts and has passed the skills assessment but now have to try an do English again to try an get the superior for 70 points. We are trying for the 189 on my partners job as a plumber. :)

5 hours ago, Aimz said:

Hi, sorry to jump In on your post. Just wondering what visa you have gone for I saw you had been invited with 65 points pretty quickly:) it's such a Knox back when you get told you only need 60 points.. my partner gets the 60 with the ielts and has passed the skills assessment but now have to try an do English again to try an get the superior for 70 points. We are trying for the 189 on my partners job as a plumber. :)

We are on the 190 which is a lot quicker for getting an invite and also once you reach the 60 points mark thats all you need as far as I'm aware, having more points doesn't make a difference. We were originally going. to go for the 189 but just before we were about to lodge the EOI our agent said there might be a long wait with only 65 points as they seemed to only be inviting 70-75 pointers at the time so we swapped the 190.

We are on the 190 which is a lot quicker for getting an invite and also once you reach the 60 points mark thats all you need as far as I'm aware, having more points doesn't make a difference. We were originally going. to go for the 189 but just before we were about to lodge the EOI our agent said there might be a long wait with only 65 points as they seemed to only be inviting 70-75 pointers at the time so we swapped the 190.

Yeah it definitely seems the best option at the moment.. only problem is we are going to Queensland as have family there and they are currently not sponsoring for our occupation which is why we are going for the 189. Our EOI is in on 60 points just so it's there and we are working on updating it to 70. Really hope they start inviting on lower points sooner rather than later. Where are you heading?

On 21/03/2018 at 20:36, Aimz said:

Yeah it definitely seems the best option at the moment.. only problem is we are going to Queensland as have family there and they are currently not sponsoring for our occupation which is why we are going for the 189. Our EOI is in on 60 points just so it's there and we are working on updating it to 70. Really hope they start inviting on lower points sooner rather than later. Where are you heading?

Yeah and I don't think anyone knows if or when they will start inviting lower points. We originally wanted to go to WA as we have good friends there but they do not sponsor for my work so we had a choice of waiting as you are or choosing SA or NSW. We have gone with SA as we have been there and stayed there for a few months and loved it.