Want to move to Canada from Australia

Mavi

Hi Guys,

I am Australian permanent resident and recently applied for citizenship.  I have lived in here for 4 year but weather is still not suiting me. Just checking if anybody knows the way to Canada. At the moment I am working as a restaurant manager in regional area. What I need to do to get Canadaian visa or permanence.? Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Thank you,

mavi

Guest The Pom Queen

I don’t think we have any members who have moved to Canada. We had a couple in the past but they already had their citizenship for Canada.

Canada is a lovely place I lived there myself in my younger days.

Guest The Pom Queen

Ps, when you say the weather doesn’t suit you can I ask in what respect? It’s just I’ve lived in a number of places in Australia and gone from the extremes of 6ft snow to tropical paradise. I lived outside Toronto and would say the weather is very much like Melbourne 

12 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

Ps, when you say the weather doesn’t suit you can I ask in what respect? It’s just I’ve lived in a number of places in Australia and gone from the extremes of 6ft snow to tropical paradise. I lived outside Toronto and would say the weather is very much like Melbourne 

Thank you for replying in this forum. I live in regional Queensland and It is too hot in here. Summer is unbearable and winter is not winter either. I have stuck with aircon and unbearable sun which is creating skin issues for me. Anyway is Melbourne really nice and cold place? I have heard of that but sun will be same?? I have got to know Australia don’t have ozone layer? And that’s why sun is very harsh. ‘?

1 hour ago, Mavi said:

Hi Guys,

I am Australian permanent resident and recently applied for citizenship.  I have lived in here for 4 year but weather is still not suiting me. Just checking if anybody knows the way to Canada. At the moment I am working as a restaurant manager in regional area. What I need to do to get Canadaian visa or permanence.? Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Thank you,

mavi

You need to find the Canadian Immigration Dept website and see ifyou qualify for a visa, same as when you moved to Australia. 

• Thanks 1

Guest The Pom Queen
44 minutes ago, Mavi said:

Thank you for replying in this forum. I live in regional Queensland and It is too hot in here. Summer is unbearable and winter is not winter either. I have stuck with aircon and unbearable sun which is creating skin issues for me. Anyway is Melbourne really nice and cold place? I have heard of that but sun will be same?? I have got to know Australia don’t have ozone layer? And that’s why sun is very harsh. ‘?

Melbourne tends to have 4 seasons in one day at times. In winter it’s freezing and summer you can have a few days of over 40 but it’s not as constant as regional Queensland will be. Other options are to try and move to the coast where you will have a sea breeze. 

I found Melbourne too cold but it sounds like it would be perfect for you. Maybe even Adelaide but I’m not sure about their weather as I’ve never visited or lived there.