457 to 417

Has anyone had experience of moving from a 457 to a 417 visa ?  (through exiting the country to apply for the 417)

I have genuine reasons for wanting to do so, but I am concerned that immigration will see my previous 457 visa and be unconvinced i am a genuine tourist looking to work and holiday in Australia but rather that I'm just trying to get back into the country to stay.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2018 at 15:14, shoppeeeee said:

Has anyone had experience of moving from a 457 to a 417 visa ?  (through exiting the country to apply for the 417)

I have genuine reasons for wanting to do so, but I am concerned that immigration will see my previous 457 visa and be unconvinced i am a genuine tourist looking to work and holiday in Australia but rather that I'm just trying to get back into the country to stay.

Thanks

Why do you what to change the Visa? If you are under the 457, just keep going with it and try to apply for a 186 or 187 Visa. 

On 15/03/2018 at 15:14, shoppeeeee said:

Thanks

It is possible, as long as you meet the 417 requirements and apply from outside of Australia.

18 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

A 457 is a temp visa which expires. 

Thank you, I know that the 457 it is valid for 4 years and after expired, but a few of my friends reapplied with it for another 4 years... Do you think it is possible?? Now I'm not sure with the new rules, but before it is happened..

4 hours ago, Amy86 said:

Thank you, I know that the 457 it is valid for 4 years and after expired, but a few of my friends reapplied with it for another 4 years... Do you think it is possible?? Now I'm not sure with the new rules, but before it is happened..

Many occupations now fall into the new TSS category which mean they can only get a two year visa which is renewable once only with no option for PR. There are many reasons someone such as the op may no longer have a 457. Redundancy, loss of job, 457 has ended and occupation has been removed from the list - over 200 have recently been removed. And others. 

• Thanks 1