Sunset

Chunky children.

1 minute ago, Quoll said:

That's interesting.  My Aussie son who is something of a fitness afficionado with a couple of kids of his own - one ectomorph after her mother and one mesomorph after him - and who loves people watching commented on his last visit here in 2016 how impressed he was that English kids didnt seem to be overweight.  The figures, of course contradict that but we went all over and he was observing as we went so I dont know where all the chubby kids were that month.

Haha, my wife keeps saying where are all these fat kids we keep hearing about ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

2 minutes ago, bristolman said:

Because they weigh they measure BMI keeps dropping and more people are said to be obese when they actually are not, every international rugby player is rated as morbidly obese, its a load on bo*****ks

• Like 3

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

2 hours ago, bristolman said:

In the lower socioeconomic areas, as they are everywhere else around the world.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bristolman said:

Can I purchase the glasses you wear over here? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, northernbird said:

sociowhat?

• Confused 1

All four of my children were given the breast for the first few  feeds then  bottle fed, and brought up with the same diet    , the third child was the chunky baby and the chunky child throughout although not the heaviest at birth but always the Chunkiest , he was  not obese but he was a lot bigger and broader than the rest of his siblings and around 11 years old became quite concious and embarrassed about his body , Once he hit 13 he shot up and  he is now nearly 6ft tall and and has what you could say a slim physique , If he hadn't got that covering on him as a younger child  and the speed he grew when he hit the teenage years he would of probably been deemed as too skinny now , the youngest child and the heaviest baby but also the slightest child growing up hit 12 years old and stacked on weight and ended up the Chunkiest kid , he has now hit teenage years and thinning out as he grows taller . Children's weight fluctuates and they have dormant stages where they don't grow up but stack on weight ready for a growth burst ,. I think surveys like the above but unrcessary  pressure on children and their parents to be a particular size at a particular age . If it followed groups of the same children throughout their lives then I'm sure the survey results would be different ( I'm presuming they didn't do that) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Parley said:

That is rubbish.

If you want to lose weight you can do it.

With something like 50% of the population overweight things will never change if people don't take responsibility for their own weight problems.

You seem to be so absorbed in your own little black and white world which really, is rather a shame. It may protect you from what you see as a world that bears no resemblance to the world that you may dream of, but at the same time, isolates you from the world that you actually live in.

What a load of bollox! "If you want to lose weight you can do it." Of course, many can, but at what expense? We're not talking here of folk who make bad food/exercise choices, which is what you seem to purport is the problem for obesity.

Do you realise that many weight gaining medications could  actually lead to death if not taken, either due to medical or psychological necessity for the need to be taken? That there are proven medical conditions that cause weight gain? I'm betting that you are intelligent enough to realise the truth in the previous sentence and I'm also guessing that you prefer to ignore it because of your inability/refusal to accept that all that isn't aesthetically pleasing  to you can be due to anything other than lack of effort of the presenter.;

Sometimes, I think life would be a lot easier if I could just be as judgemental as you Parley and simply dismiss anybody who doesn't fit into your mold, as being somehow weak willed, gluttonous, or stupid. Then again, if I did, I would be so much less human/understanding/compassionate so I'll just stick with the hard road thank you and appreciate that the world/obesity isn't a problem that can be solved by thinking in black and white or with preconceived prejudices based on aesthetics or whatever else it is that makes you so dismissive of those who don't meet your lofty standards.

• Like 3

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

10 hours ago, northernbird said:

Of course they are but the UK and Aussie lovers will ALWAYS have to argue  about which country has the fattest kids.  :rolleyes:  ..............  and it's never the country they live in of course.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Toots said:

Of course they are but the UK and Aussie lovers will ALWAYS have to argue  about which country has the fattest kids.  :rolleyes:  ..............  and it's never the country they live in of course.  

Well I'm sure the figures Sunset provided are correct.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Well I'm sure the figures Sunset provided are correct.

UK survey parley world leaders apparently like I said earlier they given other countries info to for comparison but still I get accused of us V them threads I also notice the denials popping up via smileys and calling it just another pom bashing but it clearly is not ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2018 at 09:21, bristolman said:

The fat adults are eating them ?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Sunset said:

UK survey parley world leaders apparently like I said earlier they given other countries info to for comparison but still I get accused of us V them threads I also notice the denials popping up via smileys and calling it just another pom bashing but it clearly is not ?

xD yeh...OK we believe you again. Next pom bashing thread please Sunset.;)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

xD yeh...OK we believe you again. Next pom bashing thread please Sunset.;)

Haven't you any cut and pasted objects to amuse us all with?

3 minutes ago, Sunset said:

Haven't you any cut and pasted objects to amuse us all with?

Image result for when you are winning in an argument

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Image result for when you are winning in an argument

I knew you had one left...

I am doing my part in fighting childhood obesity.

I am starting by eating all my kids easter eggss.

• Haha 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

I am doing my part in fighting childhood obesity.

I am starting by eating all my kids easter eggss.

xD

• Thanks 1