The basket case that is South Australia

Bulya

• 4 weeks later...

It is a beautiful state and has a good cultural scene going on.  I would sooner live there than either NSWales or WA.  Adelaide has a lot going for it, great restaurants, great market and hardly any graffiti compared with Melbourne. What I really like about it is the sense of space- you can travel North and be in the Outback in less than a day.  Fabulous.

16 hours ago, starlight7 said:

It is a beautiful state and has a good cultural scene going on.  I would sooner live there than either NSWales or WA.  Adelaide has a lot going for it, great restaurants, great market and hardly any graffiti compared with Melbourne. What I really like about it is the sense of space- you can travel North and be in the Outback in less than a day.  Fabulous.

Escaped in 1970.  Life looked up from that point on 

4 hours ago, Bulya said:

Escaped in 1970.  Life looked up from that point on 

I think they have discovered decent food and coffee since the 1970s.  We went there way back when in the mid 70s and I have to say it was dull.  I don't think it is now- just small..  

I have travelled to every Australian State and (mainland) territory and have worked in three of them, albeit not permanently.  It is where we have decided to make our home from later on this year and happy with our decision.

It depends what you want out of life, really!

Newspaper articles are more often the opinion of the author rather than fact.