Advise required!!

Michael Jones

Hi all,

I've read through numerous threads and have found the topic of leaving your sponsor before you fulfill your obligations while on the 187 visa contradicting.

I understand that the 2 points under obligations in the 187 grant notification must be met but as I understand, under some circumstances the agencies will allow you to stay if investigated.

My story is that I was granted the 187 on the 23rd of  February 2015, I left my sponsored work and moved back to the UK at the end of April 2016 which meant I only worked for the company for 14 months on the 187 but had worked for the same company on the 457 for 3 years prior to the transition to the 187.

I left my employer due to the work running out and personal reasons, I also left the company on good terms.

I'm currently living in the UK and have been applying for positions in Australia, I was offered a position with a different employer and the position is in Wollongong which is not regional.

Am I just wasting my time with accepting this position or is there anything I can do? Who would be best to approach for advice or even give me a definite answer?