First steps

maidensarah

So we’ve made the first steps today towards the possibility of getting a visa. That is, paying some money to a migration agent for the first part that needs to be done - the skills assessment.  We decided to go with Alan Collett at Go Matilda as per recommendations on here. 

Scary! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

Best of luck! What job are you applying under?

Thanks! My husband’s the main applicant and will be applying under accountant (general) with 75 points assuming the top points for the English test. I realise this occupation is currently an ‘iffy’ one therefore felt it best to proceed now rather than umming and ahhing any more. There’s no guarantees so I won’t be getting my hopes up, just see what happens. And get my husband studying for the English test as will need the 75 points :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maidensarah said:

So we’ve made the first steps today towards the possibility of getting a visa. That is, paying some money to a migration agent for the first part that needs to be done - the skills assessment.  We decided to go with Alan Collett at Go Matilda as per recommendations on here. 

Scary! 

Best of luck with the process a lot more hoops to go through than when we applied but so worth it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Best of luck with the process a lot more hoops to go through than when we applied but so worth it.

Yup can't believe how things have changed with the immigration over the last few years. When we applied it was 175/176 visas and it was a straightforward application. No EOI's and no invitations :)

Best of luck! We’re in the same boat, my husbands the main applicant and we’ve just made our final agent payment this month, done the first part of the skills assessment and now waiting for a date for the technical interview part. Next is the English test which I’m hoping will be next month,

Edited by Emma_M
  • Like 2

Good luck! We submitted our EOI with 75 points for accountant general a few months ago (still waiting and I’m getting impatient!). 

Submitting my skills assessment this week so that we can up our EOI to 80 points. 

Which English test is your husband doing? I’ve just done ielts. All about question practice and reading the questions. If he practices he’ll be fine. The British council give you links to practice material once you’ve signed up for ielts. Listening to the hints and tips videos is vital too. 

4 hours ago, Stayorgo said:

Good luck! We submitted our EOI with 75 points for accountant general a few months ago (still waiting and I’m getting impatient!). 

Submitting my skills assessment this week so that we can up our EOI to 80 points. 

Which English test is your husband doing? I’ve just done ielts. All about question practice and reading the questions. If he practices he’ll be fine. The British council give you links to practice material once you’ve signed up for ielts. Listening to the hints and tips videos is vital too. 

First, accountants are not being invited at all at the moment, regardless of points and the occupation is again flagged for removal. 

Second, if you have submitted an eoi prior to skills assessment and you are invited, you may get a refusal. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

First, accountants are not being invited at all at the moment, regardless of points and the occupation is again flagged for removal. 

Second, if you have submitted an eoi prior to skills assessment and you are invited, you may get a refusal. 

Makes sense Verystormy, I understand there's a lot of very qualified Accountants in Oz struggling to find work. 

Sorry I should have clarified, my skills assessment is to allow us to get points for partner skills, so will only update for that once we have it. My husband did his skills assessment before we submitted our EOI. 

Aware that no accountants currently being invited but 80 points should get us further up the queue than our current 75 for if they do start inviting again....even if it's 1819 year. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Stayorgo

Hi! Thought I’d jump on this thread hope you all don’t mind. So I haven’t started my process yet a si need to get ,y qualifications assessed (nursery worker) by acecqa, but I need copies of my certificated certified first. Anyone know who can do this? Prefer not my employer as I’d not like to tell them yet of my intent to leave because if my visa gets declined there’s no point? Or if anyone has any different advice for me it’s much appreciated. It’s just me on my own going out there.

3 minutes ago, Juliaw151 said:

Hi! Thought I’d jump on this thread hope you all don’t mind. So I haven’t started my process yet a si need to get ,y qualifications assessed (nursery worker) by acecqa, but I need copies of my certificated certified first. Anyone know who can do this? Prefer not my employer as I’d not like to tell them yet of my intent to leave because if my visa gets declined there’s no point? Or if anyone has any different advice for me it’s much appreciated. It’s just me on my own going out there.

Solicitor or JP can certify your certificates

Hi, what visa are you going to be applying for? I am a deputy manager of a day nursery but my job isn't in the list so we are going on my partners job.

11 hours ago, Aimz said:

Hi, what visa are you going to be applying for? I am a deputy manager of a day nursery but my job isn't in the list so we are going on my partners job.

Would be going for either the 190 if I can get a sponsor or the 189. Early childhood teacher is on the mltssl under code 241111, which I think I’m qualified for as my colleague has the same qualifications as me and is a certificate 3 there, which I’ve read qualifies you as am ect. 

Would be going for either the 190 if I can get a sponsor or the 189. Early childhood teacher is on the mltssl under code 241111, which I think I’m qualified for as my colleague has the same qualifications as me and is a certificate 3 there, which I’ve read qualifies you as am ect. 

In order to pass the skills assessment for skilled migration under 241111, you’ll need 4 years of tertiary education, including at least a 1 year teaching course dedicated to early childhood.

This is generally aligned with the teacher registration boards across the states and is required for registration for school based teaching.

A certificate 3 qualifies you as an Educator within a daycare setting and is different from an ECT. The ECT has different qualification requirements in order to perform this role within a daycare setting. ACECQA make the decision whether your qualifications are equivalent or not.