40SP for Partnership Visa - electronic/online?

laf

Hi Laf,

Just wanted to let you know I’ve had a re think about police check, I sent off for it today, I thought I’d get it done so my application is ‘hopefully’ ready for them to make a speedier decision, I’m in no mad rush, but we’d like to organise flights for our trip and my partner has limited holiday availability at work, I think it takes about ten days approx, which isn’t that long really, I’ve not had any notification yet that my medical has been received, I’m rubbish at waiting patiently [emoji849]

Good idea mhaffie and thanks for the update. If everyone has to have one I might as well apply now too.  Jon the hat kindly informed me that the endorsement is no big deal, the reason it was putting me off.  I thought it was something similar to the sponsorship and couldn't think who to get involved in lots of paperwork. 

At least the sun's appeared, 26 deg on Thursday :D, make the most of it.

Hi Laf,

From what I’ve read they hardly ever contact the ‘endorsers’ it’s just someone that can verify who you are, that’s the only part they would play. Form was very straightforward, all the info they ask for is stuff you’ll have to hand from your visa application, proof of address, passport pic, passport. I’m in South Wales, I don’t think our temperatures are that impressive, I’ll just be happy to see the sun [emoji2]

1 hour ago, laf said:

I'm applying now but it asks if I have been appointed a case officer, which I haven't.  Do you think this means it's better to wait?

My application's sent.  Glad it's done as I found it a bit stressful wondering if I'd done everything properly.  When you attach the docs you can't view them. Did you say your partner has submitted a sponsor certificate too?

Hi Laf, it just asks you to add their details if a case officer has been assigned should the report be going direct, but the report will come to you and you’ll scan it and attach it to your application, I Just left that section and completed the rest of the application, mine went through ok and I received an immediate acknowledgement and receipt.

Hi Mhaffie

I was just being paranoid, I think I did it correctly.  It does say they will contact you if they need further information rather than just cancelling the application!  I also received the acknowledgement and reference no.

As you say it's easy to upload the report to the application, it just made me think there was some advantage in waiting for the case officer to send it to them direct. I checked how to attach it and can see it needs to be uploaded under Character evidence of, Overseas police clearance - national.

I've read they may ask the sponsor for an Australian police check.

It's a lovely day and going to be hot tomorrow but we don't have your lovely beaches to enjoy.

Edited by laf

Hi Laf,

I don’t think you can help worrying you’ve done everything right when it’s so important to you. I was happy to wait to be asked for the police check but not sure how long things are taking now and just thought it might save a few weeks of unnecessary delays.

I don’t think they will ask Warren for a police check, he left Australia when he was four and although he’s returned many times it’s only been for holidays.

It’s pretty warm here today, it’s so lovely to feel the sun, it feels like winter has been here forever...we are off to the Gower tomorrow for a nice coastal walk, fingers crossed we have the temperatures the met office have been boasting about.

I hope you get to enjoy some of this lovely weather, it’s never around for too long, I’ll update when I hear anything [emoji4]

Park or pub lunch sounds lovely, some time in the sun will do us a world of good, I reckon a case officer won’t be too far off now, pointless asking us to do Medicals straight away if it’s going to be months before they look at it, my guess is there’s a bit of a slow down because lots of people have applied noticing the processing times were shorter, hopefully we aren’t too far down the list.

• Like 1

It definitely gives people more of an incentive to reply if they know they're not going to be waiting a year! I haven't seen any new reports of one month processing times, just lots about delays but they're not UK applications.

31 days since i applied now.  The only thing not uploaded at this stage is my Wife's AFP check.  She got an email yesterday saying it is in the post, so hopefully with us in a week or so.

I am trying not to check IMMI account too often...   Our kids got their citizenship by descent last week, so I have added those into the mutual commitment section, as I figure it helps show we are committed to moving to Australia.

I also decided we would add personal statements on our relationship, in addition to the form questions, mainly as they were pretty much the same as we wrote them together.  Will do that this weekend.

Fingers crossed they are still moving super quick and all our front loading helps!

Hi Jon the hat.  I remember I applied just a day or two before you - 17th!  Thanks for your help re the police certificate.  My husband hasn't applied for an Australian one as he hasn't lived there for 37 years but maybe they'll ask.

I haven’t seen many updates on UK applications either, I think seeing lots of cases being processed quickly builds your hopes up, I still think that it won’t be long before we hear, the more info we upload and the more organised we are hopefully the easier and quicker the decision will be when they do get round to us [emoji4]

1 hour ago, laf said:

Hi Jon the hat.  I remember I applied just a day or two before you - 17th!  Thanks for your help re the police certificate.  My husband hasn't applied for an Australian one as he hasn't lived there for 37 years but maybe they'll ask.

My wife has not lived in Australia for 14 years, but I decided as it was cheap (relatively) but can take a while I would get one anyway just in case.  Not sure I would have bothered in your case either!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mhaffie said:

Park or pub lunch sounds lovely, some time in the sun will do us a world of good, I reckon a case officer won’t be too far off now, pointless asking us to do Medicals straight away if it’s going to be months before they look at it, my guess is there’s a bit of a slow down because lots of people have applied noticing the processing times were shorter, hopefully we aren’t too far down the list.

I had lunch outside with a couple of colleagues today! Even warm enough to sit out of the sun!

• Like 1

Yes it was 25 deg here, higher than forecast and hotter tomorrow. I wonder if it was like this all summer we'd all be wanting to leave. I love the warm evenings which are rare here. The weather affects my mood badly. I've been running around purchasing the gardening products today to garden tomorrow. Maybe it'll be too hot! 

Hi jicms ... yes the weather is beautiful, we’ve certainly waited a long time for it, I just wish it was a little more regular, I too love the warm evenings, the sunny weather certainly puts a spring in your step, I detest the winter, moving to a warmer sunnier climate is definitely a big pull for me, enjoy your gardening, don’t forget to stop for a few glasses of wine [emoji6]

Yes mhaffie I'm enjoying the sun while it lasts and hope you are too. Heavy gardening followed by glasses of wine as a reward. The Ozzie shorts came out today, just for the garden :D. I'm cutting down on looking at my account although it remains the same today!! 

Hi Laf, that really made me laugh, I’ve been gardening today too, finishing off what I started the other day, no shorts but the wine was present [emoji2] I know I’m not going to see any changes but I still have a little peek, my other half reckons he’s going to change my password, he’ll get no Sunday roast if he does [emoji6]