40SP for Partnership Visa - electronic/online?

laf

20 hours ago, mhaffie said:

We completed the ‘paper version’ of the sponsor form a while back so we could just transfer the info online when we’re ready, saying that, I do know that it isn’t identical and I should expect some different requests to appear....we are hoping to get it all done Easter weekend, I just wondered whether a day in front of the computer was being optimistic. You sound nice and organised, I’m quite methodical and I’m hoping all my hours of planning helps when I start adding my attachments...lots of experts on the forums say that there often seems like there’s more than one place to attach something and you wonder if it should have gone elsewhere after you have uploaded it, apparently as long as it’s on there the case officers will find it and it shouldn’t be a major concern. Once I’ve got it all uploaded I’ll let you how I got on, I’ll be so relieved when it’s done emoji5.png

Oh that's good if other people have found the same problem with where to attach things.  I just read not to duplicate attachments and as you say hope if they don't see what they want in the correct place they realise it's under a different heading. Although I had a list of all the documents and pics to upload it was still a bit confusing. A printed list to tick them off as I uploaded them helped seeing as you can't see them all on one screen when you add them. I became paranoid checking and rechecking the information!

The sponsor form still says "submitted", I imagine this should change to "received" soon. The only useful part of the paper form to use was the statement to insert in the "how the relationship developed" box.

My medical is on Wednesday!

I hope they don't use the Easter break to carry out maintenance .

24 minutes ago, laf said:

Oh that's good if other people have found the same problem with where to attach things.  I just read not to duplicate attachments and as you say hope if they don't see what they want in the correct place they realise it's under a different heading. Although I had a list of all the documents and pics to upload it was still a bit confusing. A printed list to tick them off as I uploaded them helped seeing as you can't see them all on one screen when you add them. I became paranoid checking and rechecking the information!

The sponsor form still says "submitted", I imagine this should change to "received" soon. The only useful part of the paper form to use was the statement to insert in the "how the relationship developed" box.

My medical is on Wednesday!

I hope they don't use the Easter break to carry out maintenance .

I submitted yesterday, and my yes it is a bit all over the place in terms of uploads.  I was expecting a split of compulsory vs recommended evidence, but all just one list.

I've just sent off for our police certificates from ACPO express service, and my medical is next Tuesday afternoon in London.  Fun fun fun!

Hi laf,

I’ve seen some screen shots of the online application and it does look confusing, I’m hoping it will make more sense once I see it in full...good luck with your medical on Wednesday and I really hope there’s no maintenance over Easter, it would just be my luck [emoji53]

20 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I submitted yesterday, and my yes it is a bit all over the place in terms of uploads.  I was expecting a split of compulsory vs recommended evidence, but all just one list.

I've just sent off for our police certificates from ACPO express service, and my medical is next Tuesday afternoon in London.  Fun fun fun!

Yes agree on the lack of split between the compulsory and recommended.  

Did they ask you for the police certificate?  I only arranged the medical because they asked for it straight away. If I know for sure everyone has to provide a police check I will request it.

1 hour ago, laf said:

Yes agree on the lack of split between the compulsory and recommended.  

Did they ask you for the police certificate?  I only arranged the medical because they asked for it straight away. If I know for sure everyone has to provide a police check I will request it.

No they didn't request, but I haven't seen anyone say it wasn't requested, so thought I might as well get on with it.  

I also had the immediate request to arrange health checks, and I figure they have that as an automatic requested at the moment as they are moving quickly.  Or maybe it always asks. 

On 19/03/2018 at 16:26, Jon the Hat said:

No they didn't request, but I haven't seen anyone say it wasn't requested, so thought I might as well get on with it.  

Sorry to ask possibly a silly question but how does the police check endorsement work?  I don't have any friends who have known me for two years on their list of occupations. Do I have to go in person to e.g. my GP with documentation?

Hi Laf,

I read through the front page of the requirements for the police check and could see what you were referring to, I couldn’t actually find any obvious answers for you but looked through ‘frequently asked questions’ it does say that if you don’t have anyone on the preferred occupation list you should contact the ACRO customer services team tel:+44 (0)2380 479 920...hope this helps [emoji5]

Thanks mhaffie. I had my medical today. The site has acknowledged it and says the system will be updated when they have the results.  The possibly out-of-date information booklet says the office will advise when police checks are required so I think I'll wait to see when they ask then enquire about the endorsement procedure. I've realised going to my GP is an option, I have a feeling they don't have time to sign such things nowadays. Can't remember if you've applied for yours?

Edited by laf

Thanks mhaffie. I had my medical today. The site has acknowledged it and says the system will be updated when they have the results.  The possibly out-of-date information booklet says the office will advise when police checks are required so I think I'll wait to see when they ask then enquire about the endorsement procedure. I've realised going to my GP is an option, I have a feeling they don't have time to sign such things nowadays. Can't remember if you've applied for yours?

Hi Laf, I’m glad your medical is over, something else to check off your list. To be honest the booklet needs removing and it’s about time they updated the procedure. I’m not sure whether it would be an option going to your GP but it does makes sense. I’ve not done my police checks, like you I would wait till I was prompted, although I want my visa I’m not in any mad rush, other things need to fall in place first so I’m happy just to wait for instruction. I just looked through ACRO paperwork yesterday when you asked about the endorser, lots of people must encounter these sort of problems, so I’m sure they’ll point you in the right direction.

On 3/22/2018 at 09:20, mhaffie said:

Hi Laf, I’m glad your medical is over, something else to check off your list. To be honest the booklet needs removing and it’s about time they updated the procedure. I’m not sure whether it would be an option going to your GP but it does makes sense. I’ve not done my police checks, like you I would wait till I was prompted, although I want my visa I’m not in any mad rush, other things need to fall in place first so I’m happy just to wait for instruction. I just looked through ACRO paperwork yesterday when you asked about the endorser, lots of people must encounter these sort of problems, so I’m sure they’ll point you in the right direction.

Thanks, it reminded me of school medicals a very long time ago!  Good to see you have the same idea to wait till prompted for the police check.  I'm definitely not in a rush, more would just like to know I've got it and when I'll need to book a trip to activate it! I'm logging on daily to check for updates in case any emails go astray. The sponsorship form still says received, I don't know whether the status will change.   

Thanks, it reminded me of school medicals a very long time ago!  Good to see you have the same idea to wait till prompted for the police check.  I'm definitely not in a rush, more would just like to know I've got it and when I'll need to book a trip to activate it! I'm logging on daily to check for updates in case any emails go astray. The sponsorship form still says received, I don't know whether the status will change.   

Hi Laf, I believe the status does change but wouldn’t like to guess when that would be, checking for updates and emails is all you can do really, although you aren’t in any mad rush I imagine it’s still an anxious wait, it’s nice to see progress, if you don’t mind me asking where in Australia are you hoping to settle?

26 minutes ago, mhaffie said:

Hi Laf, I believe the status does change but wouldn’t like to guess when that would be, checking for updates and emails is all you can do really, although you aren’t in any mad rush I imagine it’s still an anxious wait, it’s nice to see progress, if you don’t mind me asking where in Australia are you hoping to settle?

I actually remembered incorrectly.  The sponsorship status says "submitted".  You're right and it's just obsessive, impatient behaviour although it sounds quite normal from what you read on here.  Sydney is our destination, most expensive city unfortunately.  It's the only place we're familiar with and our daughter lives there.  What about you?

I actually remembered incorrectly.  The sponsorship status says "submitted".  You're right and it's just obsessive, impatient behaviour although it sounds quite normal from what you read on here.  Sydney is our destination, most expensive city unfortunately.  It's the only place we're familiar with and our daughter lives there.  What about you?

I think it’s quite normal to be honest, we are all in the same boat and if we weren’t a bit anxious and excited there would be little point in applying. Sydney, wow, lovely, we’ve spent a fair bit of time there it’s a wonderful place, as you say very expensive tho, but I love the place and see the attraction. Its nice your daughter is there, makes life a lot easier. We are hoping to go to Cairns, we’ve visited it more than anywhere else and it’s the place we feel most at home.

We were in the Whitsundays last year, we stayed at Shute Harbour not far from Airlie and then Hamilton Island, it’s a lovely spot, great to visit but quite remote, too far from the shops for my liking, but great place to explore, there’s so many lovely places to see, Warren was born in Adelaide, his parents went out there years ago on the ‘assisted passage scheme’ but came back in 1971... they went out there with two kids and came back with four, hence his dual citizenship.

I agree there wasn't much going on at Airlie.  We flew back to Sydney from Hamilton Island and had a lovely short day there. It will be good to see more in the future and stay somewhere like Cairns as we're urban/coastal lovers. 

I went out there, full-fare paying as it was only intended to be a short working holiday, met my husband and stayed eight years. We came back here for parental support when we started our family and have stayed ever since. So far two out of three kids have acquired Aus citizenship and one lives there.

I think you would like Cairns as long as you can cope with the humidity, it’s a beautiful place and there’s lots to see, it’s very laid back...it’s nice to hear other people’s stories and to know their destinations...I still haven’t had the 888 back I’ve been waiting for so I’ll probably submit without it, I hate keep pestering people, I’m sure it won’t make a huge difference to our application we’ve been together a very long while and have lots of evidence.

20 hours ago, mhaffie said:

I think you would like Cairns as long as you can cope with the humidity, it’s a beautiful place and there’s lots to see, it’s very laid back...it’s nice to hear other people’s stories and to know their destinations...I still haven’t had the 888 back I’ve been waiting for so I’ll probably submit without it, I hate keep pestering people, I’m sure it won’t make a huge difference to our application we’ve been together a very long while and have lots of evidence.

I don't mind any levels of heat but Sydney is very humid which my hair in particular hates!  Cairns will definitely be on our "to do" list.  Australia isn't exactly a budget holiday destination which makes it an expensive add-on when visiting Sydney.  

I hope my two 888s are sufficient as like you we have a very long marriage!  I didn't feel family ones had as much weight as friends. I agree you should add the other one on later and get your application in especially as you want to do it over the Easter break.